Tragedy In Oxford

That’s so awesome, bro. This impacts so many people in so many different ways. It’s good you could be a help to someone struggling.

2 Likes

The parent who bought his son a 9mm should also be charged either equally or to the fullest extent of the law possible for willingly providing that to a minor.

1 Like

Dude… I am so sorry… I know this sounds so redundant but thoughts and prayers and all the best to you and your family… I mean that from the bottom of my heart, same to @BitterSyd and everyone involved. It breaks my heart it happened and it further breaks my heart to think about those dealing with it on a first person basis. There are no words to fully convey the sympathy or support. But please know it’s there

2 Likes

If the info about the parents is accurate, then they go right where he is going…I mean, besides Hell.

3 Likes

Not a gun owner, nor know the laws. A 15 yr old can possess a long gun but not a handgun, is that right? Thinking that the kid may have just took the gun. But know that the local police have visited the residence in the past. Again, all this will come out.

1 Like

No, only way to possess is direct supervision of an adult. Not borrow or loan, physically there.

Dad is going to jail. May not even make it there, tbh.

3 Likes

Yeah, I’m not sure. What I’ve seen is the kid’s dad bought the gun and posed pictures with him on social media… some students saw this and stayed home for fear or knowing this might happen… so I don’t know the accuracy of those allegations but just what was reported…

And regardless it’s to a degree irrelevant (although also very relevant) because it does not change anything, the kids died, and it is another awful tragedy in our country, our community, our families…

Again, love and support to all those involved… please take care of yourselves and each other.

1 Like

My son says there’s some damning instagram posts to prove intent. I’ve seen them and again, it will all come out.

2 Likes

My heart goes out to those directly affected and their communities.

Living in the Denver area we have seen so much of this over the years I’ve lived here. I moved here in 1993 and that December we had the first mass shooting at a Chucky Cheese killing 4, of course there is Columbine and the Aurora Theatre massacres… but more shootings followed which included more schools, churches, a Planned Parenthood, a Walmart and the recent King Soopers where 10 were killed in Boulder.

It’s just brutal everytime it happens. So much selfishness and indifference to others.

2 Likes

Well, they’re throwing the book at him as an adult, which makes perfect sense. I’m trying hard to not invest too much thought into him or his family. It’d be easy to become consumed with anger. While I do wish he could meet a swift end via our justice system, I know that’s not going to be the case. My thoughts will continue to be with our community and the stresses they’ve been put under by this incident.

3 Likes

Careless parenting in this case leading to other parents endless sadness .all in my prayers

1 Like

This is very, VERY cool!

Michigan football

Plus, they don’t clash because Oxford has the same colors.

2 Likes

Yes, that is cool.

Did you see the connection the Lions have to Oxford?
"Oxford High School varsity head football coach Zach Line has ties to current members of the Detroit Lions.

Line, 31, played fullback in the National Football League for the New Orleans Saints from 2017-19.

Current Lions linebacker Alex Anzalone was his teammate, while head coach Dan Campbell was the Saints tight ends coach under Sean Payton. "

2 Likes

My son played ball with Zach when he attended Oxford and his parents are also our neighbors. One of his asst. is Eric Ghiaciuc, the ex-Cincy Olineman, who also played at Oxford.

4 Likes

I wish there was an electric couch, so the family can go together.

So Brutally Sad…

More…

Dude that’s what I said before, If they make it to custody. They knew which way the wind was blowing .

The timeline of events and content is just sickening.

I’m good for a nice William Wallacing

2 Likes

No words.

Just catching up and reading those articles. Ugh.

1 Like

Hearing all of the new stuff… as some have said, even if they survive arrest, hearing, sentences; those parents are done (court system wise) and they should be praying to whatever God they believe in to survive whatever fate is handed down from a judge/jury.

1 Like