Trey Hendrickson requests trade

https://x.com/AdamSchefter/status/1783247380462100918

Reunite him with DJ Reader?

2 Likes

He’s a stud… but he’s looking for a Bosa like new contract. Probably cost a couple 1st rounders too. And he’s pushing 30 years old soon. Pass.

4 Likes

They aren’t getting two 1s for him. 29 would probably get it done. But how in the world would we pay for all of these guys?

3 Likes

I think he’s the most underrated defender in the league. Motor right up there with Aiden and Crosby.

3 Likes

You can’t. That’s why I said pass.

3 Likes

Trey Hendrickson is a DAWG

He belongs here

It’s a matter of cost.

1 Like

20 sacks across from Hutch.

PAY THE MAN

Yep. This team was a couple missed tackles and bad decisions away from the Super Bowl. Load up and hope to win it all.

1 Like

What would draft comp need to be for this guy?

2024 Pick #164
2025 what round?

He’s turning 30. I mentioned 29 but that’s too steep in all likelihood. Probably 61 plus something could work. Though Cincy could play hardball with him.

1 Like

I’d do a late 2 for him + a 5

Isn’t that what Mack got

Sweat got a super early 2

I’m guessing Cincy and he work something out

1 Like

I’d be very surprised if this FO spent the kind of money he wants on a guy who isn’t already a Lion. If we didn’t have to extend him maybe, but that’s the whole reason he’s asking for a trade.

2 Likes

He’s making about the same as CD3

I’d pay the man, extra 2 year extension before Sewell new deal kicks in.

McNeil, love the guy but he might have to be tagged and traded he will only be 25 next offseason in May.

I wanted us to sign him a few years ago. Still would love to get him

1 Like

He can ask for a trade all he wants….

Cinci doesn’t trade.

They don’t trade picks.
They don’t trade players.

Both Dan and Glenn were in New Orleans with him for multiple seasons so they know him very well. Obviously Reader would bring even more insight regarding his time with the Bengals.

It just really depends on the price tag. I highly doubt he commands a 1st due to the need to extend him and his age. With that said, he could still have 2-3 very high end years left.

I’d guess his value is probably a mid 2nd.

I really do think this staff likes their edge group already. Much to the dismay of a lot of people here, I wouldn’t be surprised if we didn’t take a DLineman on day 1 or 2.

There’s really only 3 options in the 1st 2 rounds. 4 if you include Johnny Newton DT

Verse/Chop or Newton pick 29
Braswell pick 61

Every single guy on our DLine was hand picked by this regime. We have 6 of their own draft picks on the DLine, 5 of those six being on day 1 or 2.

Throw in FA signings in Reader, Davenport, and Cominsky and there’s not much room left.

1 Like