Twitter erupts as refs call insanely bad penalty on Cowboys' Micah Parsons

Micah Parsons has had enough. It’s been 30-plus quarters since the NFL’s preeminent pass rusher has seen a holding call made against an opponent trying to block him. Things haven’t changed in their Week 16 game against the Miami Dolphins.

As if that wasn’t bad enough, now he’s getting hit with roughing the passer penalties …

At least for this week

We now have multiple threads on how the refs favor the Cowboys and how they actively work against the Cowboys and no one but me is pointing out the irony.

2 Likes

Shoulder-shrug GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

I wonder how much of the Cowboys issues with penalties are on the road as opposed to at home where they’ve been scoring 39.9 points per game.

Is the success of the Cowboys offense at home masking the problem or is there truly a home-away dichotomy with how penalties are called against the Cowboys?

3 Likes

Historically, at least vs Detroit, I don’t watch them enough vs others, the refs have favored the Cowboys, as of late that trend seems to be changing from what I read here and elsewhere.

Me every time Cowboys fans complain:

Pop Corn GIF by WWE

5 Likes

So def expecting like 3-4 holding penalties next week against the Leos driven by Parsons

2 Likes

I think that’s a penalty. He saw him throw it and the ball leave his hand and still needed a step or two before he hit Tua in the back. Micah has to be smarter than that.

Ill Allow It Spanish GIF

Someone might have something to say about that because, well, holding is unnecessary when you’re this good

1 Like

Well here come the holding calls in bunches Saturday

1 Like

Next we will have articles stating home team stadium disagreed with all calls against the home team.

1 Like

Guess who the cowboys play next week. Thats right the lions. Im thinking there will be 3 or 4 holding calls on us next week. Nfl seems to not like calling it anymore. Just wait and watch the holds on this week

1 Like

It’s not just Parsons. I believe the NFL is doing everything they can to help the offense. You increase scoring and limit QB hits by slowing down the pass rush. Would be interesting to see how many holding calls the top pass rushers have gotten this year.

1 Like

I was thinking the same thing. That ball was gone for a couple steps.

2 Likes

Penei Sewell is the Bret Hart of RTs:

The Best There Is, the Best There Was, the Best There Ever Will Be!

2 Likes

Stafford said, “home cooking, huh?”
He’s from the Dallas area.

As weak of a call it is. And i hate the rule.

He DID lead with the helmet.
Yes his hands “hit first” but the mass of his body. His helmet hit Tua first. Thats the rule.

R12 S2 A11

C - “A defensive player must not use his helmet against a passer who is in a defenseless posture”

1 Like

Good call. I thought it was a penalty too on that one.

3 Likes

I think there are 2 topics—

1. coybows penalties against the lions.
  2. coybows penalties against the rest of the league.

On the first topic I have intense feelings and opinions.

On the second topic I truly could not care less.

4 Likes