Tyreek to Miami

Good point on the guaranteed money, that’s all that really matters.

Interesting that the Chiefs got 3 extra picks for a 28 year old Hill than the Packers got for a 29 year old Adams.

Could have been Adams exploiting his franchise tag. Can’t trade Adams until he signs the tag, so he could have just said, If you trade me, it’ll be to LVR or I won’t sign the tag . . . then GB doesn’t trade him, he sits on the roster eating up $20M of cap space, eliminating them from participating in UFA.

Hill probably said, if you aren’t paying me, find someone that will (bidding war between Jets/Dolphins).

Who knows, hard to figure out all the behind the scene stuff.

1 Like

The Chiefs just became very relevant again. Geesh.

Good point. Adams had a pseudo no trade clause.

Miami is stupid to make this trade.
Tyreek is awesome but this is just about as dumb as the Ricky Williams trade.

1 Like

The Dolphins have spent alot of time acquiring draft picks, including trading perfectly good players for more draft picks. Now they are trading draft picks for players. I feel like their past plan doesn’t match their current plan. Which adds validity to the idea that the owner wanted to tank, but now he’s got his guys trying to save face by going “all in.”

5 picks for one guy sure is risky.

1 Like

Wonder if mclaurin or Metcalf are available

1 Like

Now that’s funny

They must have finished dead last because …. Spending money and draft picks is a losing strategy.

Everyone knows that the key to success is to gather as many draft picks as possible and to save all your money for the future.

Hopefully we trade away players and get some more magic beans. Especially those players who cost significant money. Because those players aren’t worth it and we need to save our cap money.

I wonder if some sucker like the Rams would give us a mid round pick for Decker, Ragnow or Hockenson?

John C Reilly Trade GIF by Dynasty Drunks

1 Like

On a somewhat serious note - What the heck is going on with teams selling the farm for aging WR’s?

Meanwhile the Rams ship out Robert Woods for a 6th round pick. I realize he’s coming off an ACL injury but it sure seems like the Rams undersold.

I’m starting to think its a good strategy to just draft WR’s in the later rounds.

Hill was a 5th rounder. Stefan Diggs was too. Both were traded for a huge return on investment.

When you really think about it there’s been a lot of really good WR’s to come out of the later rounds. I can’t think of another position that has more late round hits that develop into probowl talent.

Is there a better ROI out there than a late round WR?

1 Like

Scotty Anderson in the 5th!

Or… just wait til the 6th round… that is where the real talent is hidden.

David Kircus of course!

Wrs=5th rd

Qb=6th rd

Long snappers =5th rd

This topic was automatically closed 240 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.