Tyrell Williams waived

I see him as a total MCDC guy with his competitive attitude and his desire to win. That’s why I think there’s a legit shot of us making this move.

This is a risk that the Lions have to start taking. If it doesn’t work out then you move on simply. If it does…

2 Likes

If he has a desire to win he should have stayed in Cleveland, they made the playoffs and won a playoff game just last year.

3 Likes

Can we afford him? With all the cuts and the Stafford trade, we might be close to the cap.

1 Like

Cleveland restructured his contract, so it’s a 1ish million cap hit now right @DeadStroke?

Most of it is salary bonus now.

1 Like

The only reason I would consider OBJ is to evaluate Goff. The excuse is he has no WR’s, well get him one, he is still gonna suck, but at least it will be more clear for the Goff lovers.

3 Likes

Also, don’t see the downside in a lost season.

1 Like

Who’s this Tyrell?

1 Like

House Tyrell of Highgarden is the ruling house of the Reach. Their stronghold is Highgarden.

8 Likes

LOL - That was really quality stuff, man.

3 Likes

Getting a comp 3rd by letting Golladay walk is an A+ in my book but yeah, signing two injury prone receivers as his main FA signings and neglecting the position until the 4th round of the draft doesn’t inspire much confidence. Not to mention the useless Benson trade.

6 Likes

Agreed on this for sure! Sucks Tyrell got concussed so bad, he would have helped a bit. The dude did have 4 decent seasons in the nfl, including one over a 1000 yards. The Lions just have the worst luck. Decker, Okwara, Ragnow, Williams, all these dudes were meant to be solid starters and combined for about 100 snaps all year. All making serious $$$ - sigh

3 Likes

Lol at the idea of OBJ playing nice with Goff. He’d be furious in the very first game.

1 Like

Getting obj and if it don’t work out trading him to a team in the off-season for a pick or two and we literally would of sacrificed almost nothing for some free picks

1 Like

So now we don’t have cap space to sign him.

Great…

Cooper Kupp was an accident I guess

Holmes was GM when Kupp was chosen? News to me.

Let’s not pretend Les Snead wasn’t making the decisions there or that they didn’t have many cooks in that kitchen.

1 Like

Benson and Hodges!

1 Like

Apparently not . . . I thought it would be much more than originally reported, but I didn’t expect $7.25M of base salary . . . which means nothing was bonused, which doesn’t make any sense either.

https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/1456744767983955971

Well, if this GM thing doesn’t work out for Holmes, he’s a natural for a DOD procurement department.

1 Like

Ohhhh wait, I may have called the Internet over for today early…

billy mayes GIF

3 Likes