UGA star DL Carter won't work out at combine

I disagree quite a bit, but only time will tell.

2 Likes

Honestly, I hope Chicago sticks at pick #1 and takes him. Thatā€™s where Iā€™m at on Carter.

:point_up:

1 Like

I donā€™t buy the lazy issue on Carter, living near athens, attending games and following them closely I havenā€™t heard any issues on him for laziness or the character thing that a reporter said earlier.

Production is one thing to question as it wasnā€™t there in some ways but then again how much of that is scheme by UGA?

i watched him alot and he seemed to be playing not to get hurt just my opinion. Hope he not one of those guys thats gets his money and dont have the football drive. Teams will probably know more thru interview process

1 Like

Drew Rosenhaus. Thatā€™s how I feel.
Unless Carter drops into our lap, heā€™s off my radar. Even then, I now have huge questions.
#1b why isnā€™t he working out?
#1a is he a Campbell kind of guy? Rosenhaus is the very best. He plays hardball with zero ā– ā– ā– ā– ā–  given. Heā€™ll cut your teams throat and not think twice. Players choose him for a reason, and they will walk if he says walk.

It would be moronic for him to do a bunch of workouts at the combine. Heā€™s already in the convo to be a top-five pick, heā€™s got good tape, and heā€™s the clear favorite at his position. What is the possible upside?

Compare that to the possible downside of degrading his draft position or, God forbid, getting hurt.

Any agent of a player in a similar situation who doesnā€™t advise his client to skip the combine workouts is derelict in his duty.

3 Likes

That is interesting and really not surprising. Itā€™s only a 15 min interview at the combine and these players have practiced for them over and over and over again before they even happen.

Teams are allowed up to 30 player visits, where the prospects visit the actual team facility for workouts, interviews, meeting, etc. Those are probably much more valuable than a 15 min combine interview.

Ojaboā€™s thing happened at his pro day.

The NFL has also started monitoring what is asked of the prospects while they are there, so teams canā€™t even get creative anymore. They have to wait until they are somewhere else to get to know the kid.

2 Likes

The off-and-on, itā€™s-too-long, gotta-go combine prissy walk Thibs did at the combine last year had him fall all the way to #5OA.

Personally, I donā€™t question his character for a second.

Itā€™s his switch that I question. In particular, why doesnā€™t he turn it on more often?

His coach tried motivating him. His teammates have commented ā€œif you played that way all the timeā€ā€¦

Scares me when thinking of him being drafted by Detroit, gives me hope when thinking of him being drafted by Chicago.

2 Likes

This has been par for the course for 30 years now. Thats why they have pro dsys.

Hopefully right past us!

The point being made was more about working out once for scouts not twice thus increasing the injury risk not where/when the injury took place.

1 Like

Yes! Exactly this. Thatā€™s a bit concerning.

1 Like

For Bryce Young it makes total sense. Everybody knows the value of collectible miniatures goes way down once you take them out of their original packaging.

4 Likes

It wonā€™t drop him out of the top 5 so why risk it.

Scared Homer Simpson GIF by reactionseditor

Looks like the stance in the combine changes depending on the playerā€¦.

1 Like

You definitely need to post more often. Youā€™ve earned the right. :grinning: :grinning: :grinning:

2 Likes

Young preparing for the draftā€¦

dwarf GIF

2 Likes