Uh Ohh, Doubts on Goff?

Season 3 Nbc GIF by The Office

1 Like

North Carolina Reaction GIF by Carolina Panthers

I typed three responses and deleted them all as it would just lead to setting you up for a similar reponse. I made the last one way too easy for you.

I notice this. LOL

I wish I could be an anonymous source. Making disparaging comments about others without fear of consequences has long been a dream of mine.

4 Likes

That doesn’t mean Shit. They don’t give out PH.D’s for being a fan and it doesn’t make you any sort of expert. It is actually obnoxious….right up there w SOL fans.

It’s fair criticism. It may not happen but damn, it’s possible and to dismiss it completely as if it’s not possible is very shortsighted.

3 Likes

I mean there’s truth to that. And really it can be said for any QB or atleast almost any QB.

I think the problem is and as a Rams fan I can attest to this. Goff has never been given his due by in large. It’s always been he’s a product of McVay or its the amazing Detroit oline and Ben Johnson or whatever. Guys like Ryan, Rivers, Carr, Cousins, Prescott, ect. Have all been given the benefit of the doubt or praise by the media. The irony is Goff is better then all of them, been to a Superbowl and has been part of 2 NFL rebuilds in which both team (Rams,Lions) have changed their trajectory.

Yes it’s fair to criticize Goff. But I’ve never seen more disrespected QB. Atleast in my lifetime.

3 Likes

I have no idea what you’re talking about. I didn’t read the article. Like I said, no point tasting it to verify.
As for Dick. I’m used to being discredited to build someone else up. I was married to a narcissist for 29 years.
Yes, I do re-act to anonymous both ways. “Anonymous” could be a lying Sensationalists that is desperate for ratings in the off-season.
Believe what you want. Does me no harm.
I will point out how fast and easy it was to create a false headline to discredit me, though.

For the most part Goff took what the defense gave him. I see no reason at all why he can’t duplicate or even improve upon last year. It’s not like he was getting lucky all over the place. He’s got a young team around him who should improve with another years worth of experience and by gaining confidence with their past success.

Not sure why he would stay anonymous. Man up and say what you believe. It’s not like he was saying the most outrageous thing on the planet.

2 Likes

My last girlfriend called me ugly once when she was pissed at me. Never laughed so hard in my life.

Also, PFF ranked Fox 31st

1 Like

Exactly! “Anonymous”, implies that this person has something to lose by coming into the light of day.
Again, I’m left asking, “why”?
Or, it could be a Sensationalist creating controversy where none exists.
There’s certainly no controversy in Lions HQ, and they know Goff better than any “Anonymous” other than McVay and Snead.
Think about it. If Goff wins a Super Bowl with the Lions, they’re likely both fired. The Lions will be built long term, and they blew their wad and are done.

1 Like

Probably the GM of the Vikings who is Brad Holmes bitch!

As long as you are consistent….but I do have my doubts that you would have blasted an anonymous GM for saying the Lions will make noise in the playoffs next year

1 Like

Don’t all of us on this board post under anonymity??

1 Like

Of course, you do.
I don’t care.:rofl:

Because I’m right and you know it…. :person_shrugging:

So, you’re positive, beyond the shadow of a doubt, that this is not bullshit?
How?
Why would someone demand anonymity for such an innocuous comment? It’s nothing that hasn’t been said for the last 3 seasons.
I have another question.
Why would you go so hard against a fan for questioning it?
If it’s just because it’s me doing the questioning, do us both a favor and use the ignore feature.

For someone didn’t read the article you have an awful lot to say about it. It’s the business of sports and people in the public eye to speak in anonymity. People do it all the time. The ignore button is dumb, if you can’t handle a little conflict on an anonymous message board you got bigger problems then your favorite qb being critiqued by someone.

I’m not even talking about that. I’m talking about the anonymous GM who said the Lions will cause problems in the playoffs next year. Had that been the OP you wouldn’t have such criticism for it.

No, not really. I said one thing about the article. I’m just responding to a couple of guys that feel the need to destroy me for not sharing in their opinions.
I came up in a time where we were taught to question everything.
A time when “journalists” reported facts and we readers, formed opinions.
Today, questioning anything is a grievous error, and “journalists” report opinions (like the “anonymous” opinion in the article) and we readers decide how much is bullshit.
When I see “anonymous” as the main source, I don’t waste my time reading the opinion.
Sue me!