Uh Ohh, Doubts on Goff?

This is a fan board. This executive provided his statement as someone who should be recognized as an expert in his field. If a news outlet wanted to quote a statement from me I would have no problem giving my full name. If I’m not willing to do that then I won’t provide the statement.

2 Likes

What do you care? Why do you care what I think?
I’m trying to figure out whether it’s my opinion, or yours, that has you so worked up?
No, actually I’m pretty sure it’s because you know that I don’t agree with your opinion on the actual article quoted, and, that is as bad as a personal attack in your book.
Get over it, Richard.:rofl:

Well what is my opinion of the article?? Frogger??

There are things said on these boards that no one would want traced back to them. That is why you post under an anonymous name. And anyone who knows anything should understand that you can’t put your name on anything these days. But no one seems to have a problem with the anonymous GM who said the Lions will make noise in the playoffs next year…how bout that!

I remember when anonymous Executives were saying the same thing about Brady.

1 Like

The espn insider article where this originated was actually interesting if you can get past the hurt feelings. It did say numerous people thought the Lions could legitimately win the division next year. It also said the defense was “brimming with young talent” which is going to kill that whole “AG has nothing to work with” excuse next season and beyond.

4 Likes

H O L M E S

the avengers hulk GIF

2 Likes

Destroy you?
the avengers fighting GIF by hoppip

hulk smash GIF

hulk smash GIF

I think it’s fair. Goff needs to be able to continue the quality of play we’ve seen from him this year. He’s fully capable of doing it, but these questions are going to continue to come up until Goff proves them wrong(or heaven forbid right). With Johnson back I think he’ll continue to play at a high level personally.

2 Likes

Again, and again. My question has always been, who started asking these questions, and why?
The answer always seems to be the same. There has only been one named source that I can find; McVay.
See, I think it’s in the interest of the media types to stir controversy and create sensationalism to remain relevant and in demand.
Just my opinion.

1 Like

An anonymous source reported to me that @CuriousHusker’s mother was a hamster.

2 Likes

Wrong. McVay was brought to LA to see if he could work w Goff and help him improve bc he had a pretty bad rookie year. The conversation about Goff was before McVay……McVay didn’t help it….but he didn’t create it either.

Why would a nanny moose scout even care about the Lions?

I think before the media actually gives credit to someone’s talent they need to see a repeat performance. Can you do it 2 years in a row? Personally I think Goff is gonna ball especially with another year with Johnson.

3 Likes

Yeah, it’s crazy how people might get upset by a critical statement, huh? Besides, he stayed anonymous because of the Goff statement, not the, could do damage in the playoffs, statement.

1 Like

Also possible he stayed a nanny moose because he doesn’t actually exist and the writer is just looking for filler to get clicks

1 Like

It is about clicks. Fair or not, it is the reality that Goff has to deal with, he has and is dealing with it, mainly on the field. Through these struggles will come perseverance, through perseverance come character, through character hope.

He has definitely persevered through the shock of the trade going from Rams to Lions…talk about a culture shock. Then persevered through the first year WR roster, lack of and massive injuries. Start of this year.

The character has come through, you hear it when his teammates talk about him OL, WR and the coaches and front office as well.

The hope, well the hope is seen everywhere, from players, coaches, front office, Lion beat writers including reporters named Carlos to 99% of the den.

1 Like

Lol yeah there gonna fire the guy that won a Superbowl a year before. Good griff this place sometimes.

1 Like