Uh Ohh, Doubts on Goff?

1 Like

So I did a search on Anonymous NFL Executive.

I’ve found the guy is right sometimes, wrong sometimes and has some crazy hot takes too but there’s a common theme.

More often than not Mike Sando is the guy breaking the story.

I found that interesting

5 Likes

I did not realize it was the same GM who made both statements….but I still stand by my original statement… :wink:

They are always anonymous. I don’t think it’s a good practice to speak about another team or players….especially if you have something critical to say.

4 Likes

Especially if you want to sign them in the future.

3 Likes

Politician. Plus you get insider trading and foreign kickbacks.

No worries brother. We’re good…always have been, always will be.

1 Like

I personally find it odd that a GM would sit down with a reporter to have a conversation about another team. Or if it’s just a random question in the middle of a scheduled interview they would just give the typical “coach speak” answer. " Yeah, the Lions seem to be an up and coming team, Homes is doing a good job with them" and not go much beyond that.

What GM would give a reporter the time of day to sit down and bash on another team’s QB.

Do you think Holmes would sit down with a reporter to talk about the Dallas Cowboys and Dak Prescott?

If I was a GM and some reporter approached me and asked me a question about some other team and their QB I’d probably just wave him off and not give him the time of day.

1 Like

Anonymous sources are like guys that piss on an electric fence for the thrill of it.

Thanks for your opinion…

1 Like

100%. If you’re going to talk be man enough to put your name to it.

How’s 5 out of 7 years. Gee, he had a rough rookie season, and a rough season in Detroit with no team around him.
We need to verify that the other 5 seasons weren’t flukes, including the two Pro Bowls and the Super Bowl loss.
You know who else lost a Super Bowl? Joe Burrows.
I just don’t know what to say about the greatest QB since Aaron Rodgers, Josh Allen. He’s obviously a million times better than Goff, even if his stats don’t bear it out.

1 Like

Once the young receiver gets it going Goff is going to be just fine. We still have Amon-Ra!

Goff is growing as a player, but more importantly…a MAN.
Coach Dan helps them grow as HUMANS, as MEN, as Warriors, & pillars of the community in general.

Goff is going to be better, not worse. Even if his play were to slip a bit, his leadership energy is growing…& while that shit doesn’t show up on a stat sheet, it helps the team win.

How could anyone know? How can anyone be sure that they’re the same guy?
Btw, I really did talk to Jon, several times.

This is what I think is funny - It really could be said about any QB. So in other words it is a meaningless, worthless statement. I think Goff’s overall career speaks for itself. There is no value in questioning someones future when you are not personally involved in working with that person. Tearing down or questioning others is a weak mans exercise.

2 Likes

Because I read the article…that’s how I know

But in reading the article its not as much of an attack against Goff as the headline would indicate.

2 Likes

It’s probably why this Exec chose to remain anonymous. I’ve never known a GM to come out and say anything about another team publicly good or bad. But I have heard whispers about Execs making comments about a team’s decisions on players, coaches, draft picks etc. like “What were they thinking??”

Ah! The same way you know a NFL GM really said it.
Makes perfect sense, now.

So a reporter approaches Brad Holmes…

Reporter: Brad, would you have a minute to give me a couple comments about the Dallas Cowboys and Dak Prescot?

Brad: Sure, but you have to promise to keep me anonomous. What’s your questions?

Seems a little far fetched to me.