Unsung Hero

By far the most surprising thing to happen today was Badgley nailing a 54 yarder. That wound up being the difference.

Kudos to him as I had almost no faith that kick was going to go in.

40 Likes

Let me tell you a story about a home team that led 21-17 at the half but won with a single FG in the 2nd half. Would you believe it? The away team is on fire at halftime and slinging the ball all over the field. But so is the home team.

You expect the teams to exchange TDs until the last team with the ball wins a la our game vs. The Chargers.

Instead, the 2nd-half scoring for the home team consists of a single long FG by a journeyman kicker. Somehow, the home team still wins by a point without much drama. Not much fun to watch right? Nah, most entertaining Lions game in memory! The stakes were high!

8 Likes

Yes indeed. Badgley came up huge!

2 Likes

When he hit that, I knew for some reason it would be huge.

2 Likes

No way he trots Patterson out there in that situation. Another winning move to bring in Badgley.

3 Likes

Huge risk.
Huge reward.
I was so happy when he hit that.

Foxy-boy pinned them sons’a’bitches twice too. Return man had to backpedal to catch and coverage team was sitting next to him having a coffee waiting for the ball to come down both times. AWESOME kicking games today!

9 Likes

Wade Garrett:
Exactly right.

Huge kick.

2 Likes

I was yelling punt the ball and when the kicker ran on the field I was like oh boy here it goes…this could be a big swing for them

And he nails it and I shut my stupid mouth

I told my wife there was no way he would make it. Glad I was wrong.

2 Likes

I understand the reasoning behind giving game balls only to Goff and AG. But that kick was so clutch.

GREAT kick. Had to feel like vindication for that young man. Great kick. No doubt. Changed the game.

1 Like

I thought it was Goff and Brad H who got game balls.

1 Like

Yeah my bad

The Money Badger is now 3/4 on kicks over 50 yards for the Lions. 75%

2 Likes

Its amazing how many times you can predict the success of a long field goal by the kickers body language. When I saw him approach the field, I thought we had a great shot. He was ready for the moment.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.