Updated Roster and Depth Chart!

Looking at the current and updated depth chart, what a difference from 2021 and 2022 to now.

I don’t agree with all the starters per say, but you get the idea looking at the depth. And this is before the draft where we have 5 picks in the top 81. @LineBusy how’s your spreadsheet looking!?

4 Likes

7 Likes

Diffently needs at DT, R, QB, G.

5 Likes

Less and less red, with 5 picks in the top 81, and 8 picks overall in the draft. I’m not even sure we need to do much more in free agency.

3 Likes

Yeah. Between Free Agency and bringing back our own guys, a number of yellows and reds were cleared up. I’d love to see Chark brought back. As big a need as DT is, I don’t think there’s anyone in the draft that you can connect to any of our picks. We’ll see how it shakes out, but we’re missing a player with high-end potential in there.

2 Likes

If somehow we can sign Chark back I’d be very satisfied. Just can’t break the bank on him.

5 Likes

Thanks for posting this update. Helps us keep up.

2 Likes

I think Cominsky and Paschal are going to play a lot of DT next year, they both played some DT last year. We just have so many edge players. Hutch, Houston, Harris, Romeo, Julian.

Cominsky is like 285 and Paschal like 280. Those dudes are a few meals and some heavy squats away from 290ish. Love the versatility they offer.

2 Likes

Yep, Chark on a cheap incentive based deal or draft a WR in round 3 or so. That St. Brown guy aint bad for a 4th rounder. :wink:

1 Like

If you look back an when we started to win was the time they paired Buggs an McNeil together an the middle was closed. We are better than most think.

Its easy to just remember the first six loses but from that point on the Dline started to get better. Like many think are kicker we resigned was not very good he was good the kicker they cut after Vike lose was not the one we signed later.
Again fans think about rough times an forget what changes were made.

I am not saying we don’t need a DT but we don’t have to panic an take one that doesn’t fit. I want Carter if he is there at six but I can’t convince myself that Lions feel same way.

There is no position IMO that we need to reach I am for letting Holmes just do his thing.

2 Likes

Yeah, it’s hard to capture exactly what a hybrid defense looks like on paper. Our DE’s on paper consist of players that could fit as 4-3 DE, 3-4 DE or 3-4 OLB.

3 Likes

They have no clue of how to arrange our depth chart.
Dan Skipper is NOT going in as a sub for Decker. Not as long as Sewell and Vatai are healthy, anyway.

I agree Buggs and Benito were picked up off the scrap heap and Benito was signed very late. If you look at their improvement from game 1 compared to the last game at GB it’s amazing. It’s like Dan says if you get me this we can make him better. Then Brad scrapes one up and they make him better. I hate to say it but as a Lions for over 50 years I have just not seen coaches make players better until Dan came in.

5 Likes

I think a lot of Lions fans are not giving Jackson enough love to bring back. He was one of the top kick returners in the league last season and play a big part on other phases on special teams. He’s also solid as the 3rd or 4th RB on the roster.

Hopefully we find a way to bring him and Chark back and then take on a few reclamation projects for cheap.

Right now, I have no idea what to do with backup QB. Holmes hasn’t done a good job of that so far in his short tenure with the team.

2 Likes

He certainly had his value. Will be interesting to see if he’s brought back. He might not like his chances here and is waiting for something else.

1 Like

I’m just assuming that has more to do with them leaving open the avenue of replacing him in the draft. My guess is he’s still available after the draft

2 Likes

You have Swift at RB3, due to injury concerns/availability, not talent?

Current free agents are playing musical chairs. Pretty soon the music is going to stop, either teams have already filled their needs or have decided to wait until after the draft.

After the draft the music will start playing again but the market will have completely changed. After that free agents are waiting for camp injuries to find a job.

1 Like

I don’t think we can or will pick up his option but it’s not impossible that Jeff balls out in a contract year. His disappearing act late in the season was a letdown (though there were reasons/excuses) but he really was quite good in the first half).

1 Like

what is the story with tommy kramer, i thought he was a rfa? we didn’t offer him?