Vikings fans are livid with that trade…

I’m sure Holmes will be more than happy to teach him many lessons over the next several years.

1 Like

Rick? Rick Spielman is that you, because if it is that’s pretty ■■■■■■■ funny.

2 Likes

I look at it slightly different, not that it matters. But to me 32 became 12, 34 became 46 and we had to give up 66.

2 Likes

No doubt that’s a great clip, and it reminds me of his epic meltdown when the Packers drafted Jordan Love. Better than a train wreck!!!

7 Likes

I just watched the draft first round reaction by purple daily on youtube. It was hysterical to see them go from straight jacked that they made the trafe saying they are getting the lions first next year to immediately pissed when they saw the details…

The live chat scrolling on the right is a great laugh there if you need one.

1 Like

I would love to see that….did you find a link for it? :laughing:

Go to the 2:15 mark…

8 Likes

fakenews

1 Like

I’m pretty sure the Vikings made a clerical error with this trade. You just don’t give away 40 points (475 - 435) if you’re the one being approached for a trade. Something had to be miscommunicated. I can’t find it now, but there was thread somewhere on this board that had a livid Vikings fan saying there may have been a handoff/approval issue in the front office where one guy thought they were trading 12 for 32, 34, and 66, while another guy “approved” trading 12 AND 46 for 32, 34 and 66. He was blaming it on an inexperienced front office who were new in their jobs.

And then I saw a totally different tweet right after the Lions pick, which looks to have been deleted, from a Vikings beat writer bragging how the Vikings got the best of the deal. His tweet said that the Lions overpaid and could have gotten up to pick 6OA with their offer, yet they settled for 12OA. Well, I stored that and just looked it up. It turns out that’s what it would have been had we NOT gotten the second rounder (46OA) back. 32OA, 34OA and 66OA is 435 points (Hill). Pick 12OA=347 points (Hill). So yeah - we over paid if 46OA wasn’t included. Pick 6 = 446 points (Hill), so yeah, we could have gotten pick 6OA if we didn’t get 46OA back.

I don’t think we’ll ever know for sure, but this smells like a fuckup on the part of the Vikes.

1 Like

Points be damned, what it says is they have a pool of players that they value. They could dip into that pool one time at 12 or they could dip into that pool twice at 32 and 34. It also says that pool would be empty by 46. Pick 66 is a bonus.

This would also imply that their grade on Hamilton wasn’t significantly better than Cine’s.

Had there been clearer separation between the players on their board at that point, then you would have to assume their price would be higher.

I reserve the right to be 100% wrong.

1 Like

That was the result of a kind of virtuous cycle because other teams saw what the lions got away with and wanted to make sure they weren’t hosed.

So our GM Holmes screwed not only The Vikings but the packers with the same deal… Which is awesome.

My greatest hope is that Moore Watson Pickens Go off the board before Green Bay has a chance to trade up or grab them

2 Likes

I have been on that train for a while now… :steam_locomotive: :steam_locomotive: :steam_locomotive:

1 Like

If I’m the Packers GM I’m calling the Vikings GM for pick 33.

1 Like

Here is a visual representation of how it unfolds…

Trade is announced… but no details yet…

cheering in the crowd… clapping, fist pumping, arms raised high…

Grins from the hosts… everybody’s having a good time!!!

and then… the details of the picks traded emerge…

squints at screen in disbelief…

and fans boo… and drop their heads in disappointment.

My favorite part is when the host says…

“the ONLY way the Lions can move that far up… into the 12th pick… is if they got the Lions’ 1st round pick next year”

And… when the compensation announced…

“There’s got to be more!..”

Jack Nicholson Yes GIF

8 Likes

HAHAHAHAH!
He may not say it publicly, because we still want to fleece them again. He’s thinking it though.

fantastic. Love it

1 Like

Yep, I was on the phone when the trade was announced, with the other Lions fan in IOWA. I told him that we had to have traded a first from 2023 and he asked how I knew that. I explained that it had to be the only way we could move up that far and I was pissed. Then they explained the terms and I thought, “Surely this is a mistake.” When it was confirmed it was like the feeling you have when you get the wrong change from a cashier at Walmart. First, you want to do the right thing and give it back. Then you realize that these assholes are making money hand over fist and so you just smile and walk away.

3 Likes

So, my reason for thinking this is fake. WHY would the Vikes make US an offer if it was US wanting to move up? The Vikes have the upper hand because we want something from them. MY reply would be, “What are you willing to offer?”. WHY would I be first to show my hand? It’s funny, but I doubt that it’s true.

1 Like

Vikings site has press conference with the Vikes GM. He gives his reasons for trading how/why they did.

1 Like

That’s glorious

1 Like