Washington chooses Commanders as new name

OK then …

Damn, I was really hopin for the
__8964948_orig

3 Likes

I don’t love it, but of the new names recently, it’s the best one IMO.

The Cleveland Guardians sounds like it was developed by a bunch of bland people in suits around a corporate boardroom table, trying to devise the least offensive name they could.

And Seattle Kraken? There were public opinion polls out in Seattle where fans wanted the name Seattle Sockeyes – they have a tie to that name from minor-league hockey, and it actually means something to the community of Seattle, its fish markets and commercial fishery. Nope, let’s choose a dumb, cartoony name that might sell merch to the kids.

1 Like

family guy vomit GIF

3 Likes

Well it is sure a fit in DC today, lol

Suddenly Washington Football Team doesn’t sound so bad.

3 Likes

Better than the Commando’s, I guess.

4 Likes

Well that’s gonna be a problem because there’s never been a trans woman of color commander.

3 Likes

Yet…

2 Likes

Discuss. Not a fan.

Eh, better than the slurs. I did kinda like Football Team though, if I’m honest.

4 Likes

I liked WFT better. How is there an entire team of “Commanders”? Who are they commanding?

3 Likes

Not the NFC east anytime soon…

HEYOOOOOOOOOO

7 Likes

This reminds me. I hate the NFC East. I’ve always hated the NFC East for whatever reason.

1 Like

I has some of the more unlikable teams

Beat me to it…

Personally, I think they should drop the ERS on Commanders and add an OS so its "Washington Commandos. Then we could have a stadium of 60,000 not wearing any underwear in solidarity with the team. Imagine the cheerleader uniforms

5 Likes

Makes sense.

Dan Snyder is a fucking snake, making him Cobra Commander.

3 Likes

Prefer the Washington Grifters, fits the mood in Congress;)

1 Like

Whatever. People are gonna hate it for awhile then no one will care anymore. I’m just glad they didn’t stick with wtf