Washington chooses Commanders as new name

Buzzards, Vultures, Condors, all the carrion-eaters. I think that might turn some people off but make for some great hype videos.

I’ve always liked the stately heron. Don’t know that it would make for a good mascot, but what a regal bird!

1 Like

I still think the Washington sentinels would have been best. You’re paying tribute to the guards of the tomb of the unknowns that Washington is known for. They probably would have had to buy the name rights from whatever movie company owned them but it would have been worth it IMO.

1 Like

Well, now I think the name is really lame. They literally just took the farmers insurance jingle.

Oh yeah if they would have gone with a non-generic option, Sentinels was one of my favorities.

The Washington Commodores, cool…

2 Likes

Sentinels…oh you mean the X-Men robotic villains led by a delusions of God -hood leader that literally destroyed RFK Stadium??

Meme heaven

1 Like

Washington Commodes for short

homer simpson toilets GIF

4 Likes

Christmas Vacation GIF by Death Wish Coffee

2 Likes

Pat McAfee has been calling them the Commies!

1 Like

Will be great when the Patriots play the Commies

4 Likes

It will be Hysterical when the Commies highlight their past heroes on the video scoreboard as they play their new found football anthem to their fans…This is literally a Who’s Who if you remember anything about world history of the last 100 years…

1 Like

I am still mad snyder didnt move his team to idaho and stick a potato on the helmet and call them the idaho red skins… red skin potatoes that is.

1 Like

I’ve seen so many people already calling them the Washington Commies.

You know what? They should embrace it. They should hand out bobble heads of Marx and Mao wearing Commie jerseys. The local play-by-play guys can refer to every player as Comrade, as in “Comrade Gibson takes the handoff from Comrade Heinicke…”

2 Likes

I lost this one the same way I lost the bracket → not close.

I’ve been calling them the Foreskins

1 Like

Absolutely. I root for Aston Villa in the EPL and they’re known as the Villans and it’s been embraced with open arms. In fact I think the owners are about to start an MLS team in Vegas called the VIllains. We’ll see if that flies with the locals.

The California Bald Eagles

2 Likes

Niiiiiice

1 Like

The bald eagle eats more carrion than live prey too…

1 Like

Sounds like the name of an expensive toilet.

I know a good bit of Russian and Soviet history…3 points from that list

1. How did a guy named Kulakov make it w/o getting clipped by Stalin?

2. Iron Feliks Dzerzhinsky. Terrifying. Internal Party Mole and leak hunter. Maybe reincarnated as Dam Snyder?

3. Andrei Kirilenko- Didn’t know about this guy. There was a NBA player, same name. Nickname AK-47 (he wore #47), who was born in the Russian city where the AK-47 was first made. Weird.

1 Like