We are going to pick #2 overall for sure

It’s somewhat similar to my badge, Daft resident expert.

2 Likes

Think of it as New Coke.

1 Like

I’d be surprised if they took an edge guy.

They should be looking to add some talent around Lawrence. Starting LT Cam Robinson is a Free agent but he’s been a pretty good player. So I’m expecting them to resign him. If they do then drafting Neal really doesn’t make a lot of sense.

Jax could surprise a lot of people with their pick.

Innnteresting… Hope you’re right, bro.
I hope they go QB. Ha!
I’d love it if we could somehow get Hutch AND Wilis…ppl would call Willis a bad pick for 2 years (while he’s developing behind Goff), but would ultimately be surprised with his growth.

We can’t really know for sure since they’ve got an entirely new staff to hire, but I would be very, very surprised if Neal was the #1 overall pick. His game is really flawed. He’s got no quickness, his reactive athleticism leaves him grasping. Quick defenders give him fits. He gets off-balance to easily too. Whiffs blocks at the second-level.

He’s got freakish size and athleticism (linearly) but so did Mekhi Becton and I actually like Becton’s tape A LOT better than Neal’s. I like another similarly-sized guy, Orlando Brown’s tape a lot better than Neal’s too. Trent Brown moves better than Neal.

Personally I’d draft Ekwonu and maybe Cross over Neal. I agree that Jax needs a tackle but this is a deep tackle class, they can take a Trevor Penning, Rasheed Walker or Sean Rhyan in the late 1st/early 2nd.

With all the accolades the Hutch has had, Friday will be a big test for him…and then in the championship game too. He has had the benefit of Ojabi opposite him and his signature game was against a soft Buckeye LT. If he shows up strong against Georgia, the Jags might be tempted to take Whalin’ Aidan, though I still think they’ll take Evan Neal at RT.

I’ll be one of those whining about Willis for the first 2 years while yearning for him to succeed.

1 Like

It’s a better spot to be unless it’s your life’s goal to see Hutch in a Lions uniform. The distance between Hutch and KT as prospects is close. The distance between those two and the next guy is more significant. There will be teams needing a pass rusher that will view it 1a 1b then a drop. Pass rusher is a prime positional piece. So I think it will be the Jags who will be stuck. They’ve got Allen and Chaisson. Both young first rounders. They may choose to give up on Chaisson and go BPA. OR… they could take the monster LT and shock some folks. Would not be a bad decision for them as those are cornerstone players.

Either way we are sitting pretty and in a better position to trade down, which is what we really should do if possible. The value of this draft is not at the top. So get more picks outside of that IMO. If not, Hutch or KT isn’t a horrible thing by any means…

1 Like

Ha, brother I’ll be sinking right with you on the U.S.S. Willis lol! BUT… based on what is more likely to happen. Expand your mind a bit on Hutch man. See the following:

First and foremost, Hutchinson is a monster rushing the passer. His improvement over his time with Michigan has resulted in a career-high 14 sacks in 2021, which ranks first in the Big Ten and 3rd in CFB. Hutchinson hasn’t just been getting lucky, cleaning up on teammates’ pressures or garnering coverage sacks.

He’s consistently beaten his matchup in front of him, evidenced by his 73 total pressures and 21.8% pressure rate, which ranks first in the Big Ten. Furthermore, Hutchinson’s numbers are historically impressive. He is one of just five Big Ten defenders to attain a pressure rate above 20% since 2018. His 21.8% rate is higher than former first overall pick Chase Young’s 20.8% in 2018.

https://www.si.com/nfl/draft/nfl-draft/nfl-draft-is-the-aidan-hutchinson-hype-warranted

So he’s not a guy who flashed a few times against a weak opponent. This is a guy who consistently (read that BETTER than Chase Young) was the one creating the pressure that guys like Ojabo were cleaning up. And you are getting a corner stone leader along with that. If we do end up with him, don’t weep my friend. But I’ll be right there with you scheming on who we can trade up with to snag Willis with a 1B!

1 Like

The Marquee Championship Game match-up, assuming Mich-Bama are the finalists, will be Hutch vs, LOT Neal. It should be showcase event for Both players. Hutch, speed & tenacity, vs. Neal size & girth…Dream match-up, if they meet in THE GAME !!

Not sure how many times Neal would be asked to single block him without help… since Bama doubled or at least chipped pretty much every snap that Demarvin Leal lined up across from him.

1 Like

You nailed this one my friend…can’t really know what the Jags will do when they will be hiring an entirely new staff and we have no idea what that staff’s philosophy is. It could be a defensive minded coach like Dan Quinn and he might wanna a cornerstone player like Hutch or Thibs. Hell he might even want my boy Kyle Hamilton

si.com mock draft…. hope they are right!

Guy who wrote it is a Viking fan… so I don’t have much confidence in him.

https://www.si.com/nfl/draft/.amp/mocks/nfl-draft-2022-nfl-mock-draft-defense-dominates-early

1 Like

Hoping these recent premium edge investments deter the Jags from taking Hutch. I really believe he is the better prospect over KT for a number of reasons. Would be a perfect fit if the Michigan man stayed home.

1 Like

Yeah the hype around Neal is currently overshadowing his actual tape. Give it a couple of months for more people to get a look at it and I think they’ll drop him accordingly. TDN has him with a 2nd round grade, though he won’t go that low at his size.

I don’t get the talk about Willis at all. The guy has mechanical issues and was very inconsistent this year. Not a guy I touch in the first 2 rounds.

1 Like

Same things were concerns with Mahomes when he came out. If he was remotely close to a polished QB… he would be the obvious #1 OA with his tools.

1 Like

I’d rather have Ojabo than Thibedeaux.

I actually have no issues with the uniforms. I hated the old black ones.

But I can definitely agree with you on this point.

The fight song sucks. Who wants a fight song that sounds like a 50s car commercial? Even in Detroit that sucks. The lead guy (whoever he is) sounds like he is singing with one of those long skinny microphones like the one Bob Barker used to use on the Price is Right. There is nothing cool about it at all.

I…what?

I remember the mechanics complaints but don’t remember the inconsistency stuff, but you are correct on the comparison.