We got better today!

A few keep mentioning JJ’s previous Pro Bowl.
That was 2 years ago as like a super last minute alternate.
Holmes was not going to bring both guards back and he chose the right one.
GG played much better than JJ last season (PFF GG: 75.1; JJ: 59.7) (Glasgow ranked second in the NFL in run block win rate among interior lineman in 2023, [according to ESPN])(2023 NFL pass rush, run stop, blocking win rate rankings - ESPN), was more available (Glasgow played in all 17 games plus playoffs - JJ played in 12), GG is more versatile with his ability to play both guard positions and center (I don’t think JJ has played many snaps outside of LG in his NFL career), and Glasgow is less expensive.
To be fair JJ was thought to be the better guard before his string of injuries this past season and he is 4 years younger.

I am very sure Holmes will take and IOL in this draft that can start and play at least as well as JJ’s 2023.

1 Like

Would never watch a Lions game without my super soaker 5000 diapers. Some things just aren’t worth the risk. I’d rather ride shotgun with Jalen Carter than not have my Super Soaker 5000’s :laughing:

1 Like

You say all that, yet the fact doesn’t change he was a PB caliber OG. Also i suppose you think any drafted OG walks right in and plays just as well and the cohesiveness doesn’t drop off.

It’s a loss, a significant loss no mattet how you try a sugar coat it.

Did we figure we’d losr him? Yep…Does that change the fact it’s a significant loss nope

I have so much respect for your honesty and bravery. Between you and the other poster who wears panties on every day that ends with a ‘Y’, something really special is happening here today.

You be you and be proud to be you :+1:

LOL, now because a poster may have a different view they wear panties. There’s a strong argument if ever i heard one!

Jonah was a 2nd alternate guard when he went to the pro bowl. His PFF grade that season was a 70. That was a few points above Vaitai.

We should be honest about his peak performance season and how good it actually was.

Again, PB CALIBER, do you deny that?

PB alternate caliber at his peak.

Happened once in 4 years.

We got better yesterday. Today has been a disaster. :wink:

Matthew Mcconaughey Table Flip GIF by The Gentlemen

Point well and truly missed. A poster in another thread “disclosed” that they wear panties every day that ends with a ‘Y’. It’s a joke.

LOL, so yes PB caliber, unreal

My bad, i apologize Slay

You are only good as your last season. JJ’s peak season was a 70.1 PFF. He was 59.7 last year and Campbell questioned his toughness when he was out weeks with injury. Glasgow was 75.1 last year.
JJ can be replaced by a rookie at a fraction of the $17M/yr.

Today were no better then yesterday.

Ok, so every player to ever come off injury or play through injury and have a down yr is no good, got it. We’ll replace him with a 3rd or 4th rd OG and not misd a beat.

Thank god we’re not the Rams, 3 yrs removed from a SB, that got there because of their fagent signings. That’s building a very good Oline and just signed him, wow, dodged a bullet there

I really don’t see us overcoming this…I’m gonna go to Walmart and buy some lube… gonna need it next year. The season is over. :joy:

Did anybody watch that Jonah Jackson season and think, “yup, that guy’s a Pro Bowler”? I seem to remember when his nomination was announced a lot of fans were like “huh?”

It’s funny though, a few weeks ago several posters were suggesting we could bring him back on a prove it deal because he’d had such a poor season, and now he’s the biggest roster loss since Megatron retired.

4 Likes

I feel like I got older today.

It’s the strangest thing.

I’ve never watched Jonah Jackson film and thought “that’s a probowler” in any season, ever.

He’s an average LG who is above average in the run game and a below average in the pass game. This is between Frank Ragnow and Taylor Decker, providing him plenty of help. The fact he was ever nominated as a pro-bowl alternate is a joke, just like the pro bowl itself.

I would be surprised if he finishes his contract in LA out. It’s probably the worst contract given out this FA period and it’s absolutely laughable anyone would pay that for Jonah. It’s such a gross overpay for an average guard that it’s actually hilarious.

1 Like

Are you the oldest you’ve ever been?

3 Likes