We have the first non-sexy pick, who is it?

Not saying he isn’t.

Gonzales all day.

The DL wasn’t the issue on defense last year. Strengthen that secondary and make the playoffs.

Only way Id think Wilson is if Cominsky leaves.

We beat Buffalo if #25 is upgraded from and not on the field at the end of the game.

We also beat Buffalo if we had a real starting RG.

damn right walter white GIF by Breaking Bad

1 Like

Surprised that no one said WR – like JSN.

Maybe not when the middle is so weak the QB just steps up in there pocket minimizing your DEs ability to get there.

But if we don’t resign Comish Then Wilson could become a git fit.

Yeah, I’m assuming we also get help at DT this offseason either thru FA/Trade or the draft, or both. I expect at least 2 new faces.

1 Like

I agree, he’s a better version of Cominsky at about the same price

2 Likes

I want uber sexiness with our pick. I demand it!!!

Back to the original title of this thread. If you are asking me the first non-sexy pick I would say Siaki Ika. After seeing his front butt gut, he is the least sexy. And also looks like not a football player.

Gonzalez

1 Like

I would not have a problem taking Skoronski at 6. I think he is the closest to a sure thing as there is in the draft. The knock on him is that he will be our RG. The argument is yeah but your going to have the best OLine in the NFL for the next 2 years but then you have to pay Decker.

The other argument is yeah but in 6 years he will be the best RG in the NFL and you can’t afford to pay Gs that kind of money. Or you hear he plays offense we need defense. Having a great offensive line will have a bigger impact than any one player can have on a defense. For me I’m ok having the best offensive line in the NFL every year!

2 Likes

I see levis as having the 1st or 2nd highest percentage chance to be a bust. He sucked last year against college level competition. The odds are stacked against him for sure.

Then again, he had a very good year previously.
Just like Dan Marino at Pitt, who dropped to late first round because of a sub-par senior year.
It was one of my first “told ya so” moments for Detroit Lions draft picks.

With the 6th pick in the 2023 draft the Brand New Lions select Peter Skoronski Right Guard from Northwestern

He also has the deepest voice in the history of the world

1 Like

It’s not as simple as Will Levis has a high chance to bust. You can think it is, that’s your opinion.

Situation means as much as talent level imo. If he is drafted to the Lions, he gets to come into a world class culture, learn from a professional in Jared Goff, and sit out for a year+. What the Lions offer for a rookie QB is the ideal situation for success. It’s not the same as being drafted to the Colts who probably need you to play as soon a possible.

And because the Lions draft 18, 48, and 55…there isn’t going to be a better time to draft a QB at virtually no risk. The stars are definitely aligned to take a QB now.

That being said, it’s not what I want to do because I don’t love Will Levis or AR15. I’m just saying it makes a ton of sense. Drafting a offensive guard makes about as little sense as possible.

I would not be upset if we took Levis at 6. I’m not good at evaluating QB potential but the kid has a rocket arm and he is tough. Of course the results on the field leave something to be desired.

I get it that you are talking hypothetically. I just remember too many garbage qbs drafted to EVER consider drafting 1 in the first round that i didnt absolutely love.

Joey Harrington would not have been good even if he sat 2 years behind tom brady

Levis is Kyle Boller 2.0.