We need to draft a QB in the top 10 next season

The Eagles are already the best team in the NFC, and they got 2 first rounders next year.

2 Likes

For me - the biggest issue with the defense isn’t that Holmes hasn’t drafted defense. Admittedly, he could have done more and the injuries have not helped. This said, the biggest issue is that they rank 31st out of 32nd in spending on defense this year. I think they’re top of offensive spending. The Lions are almost built to be a side that loses 45-42 or whatever.

The whole team is very young - but all of the veteran talent is on the offense. On offense - they’re plugging in guys like Sewell into a room that already features Decker, Ragnow, Jackson and Vaitai. On defense they’re plugging guys like McNeil into a room that features Brockers and Buggs. They’re plugging Rodrigo into a room where Anzalone is the clear no. 1 going into the season. For me, they’re already asking too much of youngsters. I’d argue that the one defensive player we have who has a proven record of just ‘good’ NFL play and who we had high hopes for contributing this year is Tracy Walker. And we know what happened to him and we also know how much he was immediately missed.

I’m personally not 100% sure that throwing more rookies into the defensive set up is going to solve the problem.

2 Likes

Agreed. They need to grab a few FA vets next year on D. Or make a trade or two. I think it can turn around rather quickly with a few new players and scheme adjustment.

1 Like

jerk off tv land GIF by #Impastor

3 Likes

Jordan Davis wouldn’t be solving all the issues here either…

He has played only 84 snaps in 4 games….
which places him dead last on the Eagles DT rotation.
He has 3 solo tackles and only 1 TFL.

1 Like

Prepare to be attacked.

No, not Jordan Davis the actual NFL player, Jordan Davis the limitless prospect. Just imagine how that guy would power through triple teams and save the day.

3 Likes

It’s weird…

because he won the “Underwear Olympics”….
and also nearly broke Twitter for a practice rep….

but actually hasn’t been the second coming of a Ted Washington/Warren Sapp love child….??? :man_shrugging:

1 Like

2 Likes

I agree, if you saw my comments about bringing back the same players last year. I was one of the few who wanted to upgrade the defense. With that said we still should of have taken defense when we traded up. I thought when we did it was going to be Lloyd.

True, but you conviniently leave out the fact Davis plays behind TWO PROBOWL veteran DT’s…whereas if he was here, I guarantee he’d be getting alot more snaps, and he’d probably be just as good as, if not better, than any DT we currently have on the roster. Not saying he’d make the defense light years better, and I’m not saying he’ll be great…but if you’re telling me him and Alim clogging up the middle isnt better than whatever other garbage can we’re putting out there…well, not sure what else I could tell you.

All that is beside my original point. I was speculating that IF Brad knew the offense would be this good, and the D this bad, perhaps he either A. doesnt trade up, and keeps the two picks and goes D with them. Or B. he takes Davis, maybe even Hamilton, instead of Jamo on the trade up.

Reading comprehension is your friend!

1 Like

If Goff carries forward with this play all year then I’ll be shocked if they go QB early. Personally I’d love to see a backup selected on day 2 but even that seems divisive.

I don’t think he would have considered Hamilton at all… because all signs point to Holmes and the coaches preferring NOT to spend top picks on safeties.

I also am not really sure they would have valued Davis as highly as his college teammate…. Devonte Wyatt… who is also barely playing any snaps. Bottom line… DTs often don’t make mych of an impact in their first season… so drafting one instead of Jamo wasn’t likely to be a huge difference this year. I think they may need to hit UFA this offseason when they can move on from Brockers. SJD would have been a nice DT to add this past offseason… but the cap space was really tight… so a big restructure would have been needed.

Would you trade Goff for a first rounder?

If he throws for 40+ TDs and a 100 QB rating then a single 1st is below market value. Of course if he plays like that good luck selling that trade to the locker room and much of the fan base.

1 Like

If you are another team (established) and Goff has a season like that, are you giving up multiple first rounders for him?

Playing devil’s advocate, obviously. Just questions I find interesting.

After Staffords arm falls off we can trade him to the Rams for two firsts a third and John Wolford

1 Like

I’m not sure. I think it depends. Say Brady retires, you are Tampa and you think the South is a mess and your window can stay open with good QB play. Do you give up picks in the mid 20s in 2023 and 2024? I think they might. But if Goff is coming off that type of season I don’t know that I’d take that deal.

I guess my last two posts are just an overly verbose way of saying that if he plays like this he’s off limits.

2 Likes

Id do that trade for 2-3 firsts and either Vita Vea/Devin White or Jamal Dean tbh

so two to three firsts and a starting Defenseive player