We need to draft a QB in the top 10 next season

No I would not

or Winfield or Shaq Barret

honestly alot of good defensive pieces on that team

What’s better than #1?
Just curious.
Or, maybe, since our offense is the best in the league, and our defense is the worst in history, we should focus on fixing the defense?
But, what do I know. I don’t work for the NFL or sports media.
If I were going to take an offensive player, I think I would go after a RG, or maybe a RB? Not with a first round pick, mind you. I’d use both of those on DT’s.

Speaking of Tampa Bay players, Mike Edwards will be a free agent next year. Good young safety.

2 Likes

My opinion of Goff hasn’t changed a ton. He definitely looks better than he was last year, but I didn’t entirely blame last year on him either. I guess you could say I’m not sold long term, but I see some improvement. I see some things he does really well, and I see his limitations. And I still see him as a middling option at QB. I will say that if he can play at a high level consistently it will go a long way toward our rebuild to not have to burn a pick on a QB. OTOH, we pick right on a QB and get a pick back for Goff (or two) that is also huge (cap room plus better talent). Its a big risk though.

What I wonder is this: Is this Goff maximized and is it enough to win a SB at the position? Or does he still have room to get even better?

1 Like

The Colts have failed to score over 20 points in all 4 games this season…

Its obvious that the Russell Wilson and Matt Ryan moves for teams that felt like they were on the cusp have not worked out as well as the Stafford move. So far, anyway.

Well I think most here felt like if we could get 2017-18 Goff then he was worth keeping. It’s too early to say for sure but it seems that may be the case.

Without the Minnesota Hail Mary interception he’s top 5 in QB rating.

So you are saying Jordan Davis is not better than any DT the Lions have on their roster right now?

1 Like

I think he can still grow plenty, and with a avg of 30 plus points a game i would say with no hesitation yes he is plenty good enough to win a Superbowl.

1 Like

Yeah, I think Holmes felt like he could get Goff back close to 2018 by maximizing what he does well and getting him in a system where he could thrive. I think Holmes has done well to build a team that does just that. He went and got Sewell and built a ground game to compliment Goff’s play-action strengths. He’s got two very solid tackles to protect him and make him feel comfortable (despite some other challenges this year in the middle w injuries). He has brought in weapons around him. And the OC is adept at play calling.

But does that mean Goff is a great QB? I don’t have a strong opinion really.

2 Likes

You can’t argue with his play thus far. He’s had some bone-headed throws he has gotten lucky on. But made some nice plays too and his stats are very good.

2 Likes

Kurt Warner says Goff is better than Stafford. Stafford won a Super Bowl last year.
Mark Brunell says he’s Elite. In fact, up until 2020, pretty much everyone said he was Elite.
They were right.
Look up McVays comments on the Super Bowl loss (with Goff). He said it was coaching. He was psyched by Belichik. I don’t find that hard to believe, at all.

That’s not the concern for me….

The question is… who would have been a better pick…
Davis or Jamo….???

and I still take Jamo 10 out of 10 times.

Davis still hasn’t shown the ability to play a high volume of snaps at a high level…. and his weight will make me nervous until he keeps it under control for several years. 1st round picks can’t be truly graded for 3+ years…. so I guess we will see hiw it turns out down the road.

I like to pay players to play, but, that’s just me.
We have the #1 offense without Jamo.
Oh, he’ll be fun to watch, before he goes back on IR.

I don’t believe Goff is a great QB. I’m don’t think he’s even at Staff’s level, let alone the Rodgers/Mahomes types. I’ve always felt he was between 12-25 depending on which Goff you get and the state of the position league wide. Though if he keeps playing this way for several seasons then 12 will probably be too low. I’d imagine though that he’s very likely to cool off IMO.

2 Likes

With Jamo still riding the pine?
You don’t have much confidence in Jamo?
I guess, how much better than #1 can you get?

I do. I just don’t expect the 7th best passing TD season in league history. He’s currently on that pace.

1 Like

Jordan Davis has never played more than 38% of his team’s snaps at the college & NFL level.

He is a 6’6” tall DT with a history of being overweight.

The odds of him playing an every down role aren’t that great.

1 Like

But….that is what was @KarlKaliente point!