We will beat the Chargers

A few things…

…not having Gordon isn’t much of a factor. Not only did they get good production out of their backfield without him (19 carries for 115 yards rushing and 7 catches for 100 yards receiving and 3 TDs), they are now 5-0 without Gordon in the last 2 years, which includes a win over the Chiefs. I’m glad they won’t have Henry, even though he was missing last year…but I’ll be ecstatic if by some chance Williams misses the game. That’s a real blessing there, as we are going to have our hands full with Keenan Allen but having Williams out of the game gives us some options.

I disagree on Rivers. I think he’s one of the most underrated players in the league. Players will tell you he’s one of the smartest QBs in the league as well, with his football intelligence being up there with the best of them.

2 Likes

How well will we be able to run against them.
The Colts put up 200 yds rushing against them, but they are a good rushing team.
We put up 116 against Ariz., yet couldn’t run against them when we had to. Including getting stuffed on3rd and short twice. nor run the clock at the end.
So, how do we match up against the Bolts?

We need to take advantage of the breaks we are getting. We just tied the worst team in the NFL last year that has no offensive line or secondary.

This week, we are playing like half a Chargers team.

Coming up, we get the Chiefs minus their most electric player.

Meanwhile, we have a couple injuries, but we are probably about as healthy as a team could hope for, especially when you consider the skill position/game breakers. If you want to have any hopes of postseason or even contending for the division, then you don’t lose at home to slightly above average teams that are missing several key players.

They’re really week at LB right now. Perryman is out and they are playing a converted college safety at Mike. I think they’re vulnerable to the run and short passing game.

Two great edge rushers and two great ball hawks in the secondary though

I’d feel less optimistic about a fully healthy Chargers team. James might be their most talented player. If they’re without him, Gordon, Henry, Perryman, Williams and so on that’s a lot of high end talent sitting.

2 Likes

Also, their kicking game as per usual is a mess.

1 Like

I want to see more turnovers and also want to see Ty Johnson in space. I have high hopes for that cat. Seems like they like the McKissick (and honestly, he looked better than I thought he would in his limited role).

2 Likes

Are you saying a 13 and 3 Chiefs team that arguably was only a coin toss away from being Super Bowl champions had they won the coin toss instead of the Patriots in the AFC Championship game and a 12 and 4 Chargers team are what you call slightly above-average?? Or are you saying that as a result of all the missing key players that they are now only slightly above-average as a result of those absences?

I’m with you on McKissick. I had no idea what we were getting but I’m excited we have him. He seems like the kind of player that flashes for a year or two and makes a few plays along the way.

1 Like

He looked really quick.

1 Like

P & Wes,

I expected nothing from him, as he was pretty much rejected by 2 other teams. Maybe he just really committed this offseason, but i was not expecting some dude the Falcons cut to come out like he has. I want to see what he can do on PR/KR too. Feels like him and/or Ty may be able to break the game open in a way that Johnson and Anderson can’t. Love our quality problem at RB.

And hey, he’s going to be at home for anyone that’s in the area and are in need of a babysitter.

I was talking about the Chargers. Slightly above average. At home. They are missing several key players. No excuses. Git er dun

1 Like

The Chargers were 7-1 on the road last season, but only 5-3 at home.

They had a good season last year, beat the Chiefs and Seahawks on the road. But this is a new year and they are injured coming into this game.

1 Like

Welcome to the board. Good to see you again!

1 Like

Have to agree with Wes on this one. You should hear the Packer fans talking up this defense now. I play golf with a bunch of them, two weeks ago they were saying this is the worst Packer team in years, after the week one I was hearing that this is the best Packer defense since Reggie White played.
:roll_eyes::roll_eyes::roll_eyes:

Chicago/Trubisky were horrible. The Packer D played well, but let’s not get ahead of ourselves.

2 Likes

The major difference is that Rivers is 29 games over .500 in his career and has 5 playoff victories. Whether people want to believe it or not, winning is a big part of a QB getting into the HOF. Look at Troy Aikman.
I am not a big Rivers fan but he has had 5 seasons of QB rating over 100. The guy can play with the best of them for long stretches.

2 Likes

I like the Lions chances this weekend. Before the season started I had this as a 50/50 game. Depending on how each team looked after 1 game. The Chargers look beat up, while the Lions are looking healthy. The Chargers run defense did not look that good last week, while I can the Lions exploiting that this week. Those 2 alone are enough for me to think the Lions can win this game.

1 Like

The Jets were the easiest team on last year’s schedule, and we were going to get killed by the Patriots…

3 Likes

No. My poops are much more solid.

2 Likes