We will beat the Chargers

Other than Decker, the Oline played pretty well. He needs a TE over there to help him. But the Chargers have a lot better Dline and secondary than the Cardinals. I don’t think guys get wide open all day like they did against the Cards. Plus, the Chargers offense isn’t going to be going 3 and out all day long either. The Chargers are better coached than the Cards, have a much better QB, and a much better offense and defense.
This is going to be a very tough game for the Lions to win.
The Lions are 3 point home dogs but I expect that line to move closer to 5 by the middle of the week.

2 Likes

All true. Gonna be a tough game to win, and will require improvement to do so.

1 Like

Walker gave up 7 pressures as well and they were not effective run blocking either. Stafford had 22 yards rushing and was the most effective runner. We need to move the pocket if need be, but you can’t leave Decker one on one with Bosa or he will be destroyed again.

1 Like

I’m not looking forward to seeing Bosa and Ingram abuse Decker all game long

1 Like

Tyreek Hill being out will help a lot.

Although that’s true, just a reminder that Tyreek Hill plays for the Kansas City Chiefs which would be another game further down the schedule. So that wouldn’t help very much with the upcoming game against the Los Angeles Chargers. :grinning:

I don’t think Melvin Gordon will be playing this week, so that’s a plus.

I tend to agree but Austin ekeler has looked very good when given opportunities so I’m not sure there’s a great deal of drop off there although lack of quality depth certainly could be an issue with Gordon’s absence

Yea true, they were starting scrubs on that D and we torched them… ST had a couple huge mistakes, DEF was gassed(I’ll buy for the last 1/4), Decker sucked and DEF coaching took a turn South at the end of the 2nd QUARTER.

Was responding to Usi’s post, which referenced the Chiefs.

My apologies Freebird I didn’t catch that. It didn’t have the quote from Usi’s post and I didn’t catch that it was a reply in the right-hand corner my bad

Yes sir and am starting to know who it is

1 Like

We need wins in the worst way. The quality of the conversations is bound to improve. There is enough Stafford trolling to fill the season and we’re only a couple days past game 1. Plus the cockroaches usually come out only in the dark.

6 Likes

The #Chargers announced that TE Hunter Henry suffered a tibia plateau fracture to his left knee during last Sunday’s game against the #Colts. That is crushing.

— Ian Rapoport (@RapSheet) September 11, 2019
1 Like

The good news is now that Hunter Henry is going to miss the game, Stephen A Smith can list him as one of the keys to victory for the Chargers!

Chargers could also be without WR Mike Williams who has a knee injury. No, not BMW. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Damn it!

Chargers are really beat up.

It’s a winnable game at home with our defense. If we can get the lead early and use playaction to move the ball and score points we will be good.

If we fall behind early and we become one dimensional with that Chargers pass rush, it could be real ugly. I’m hoping the coaches want to come out quick and aggressive.

1 Like

When was the last time the Lions have played well in Arizona? Anyone? Bueller?
It definitely sucked, but SD is primed for a loss.
Traveling across the country, playing without Gordon, Henry and Williams, Lions home opener, a Detroit team eager to redeem itself. If the Lions do lose this game, it’ll be crushing. Worse than the Cards game, but hopefully it doesn’t come to that.
Stafford was praising Phillip Rivers today like he was a HOF candidate (which he isn’t, IMO). Stafford and Rivers are in the same strata of above-average-but-not-great QBs with longevity to pad the resume. Stafford should want to separate himself from Rivers with a win.

3 Likes