Week 17 at Packers

Fixed it.

We have a good running game.

1 Like

I expect our OL to be monsters…so our RBs should have fair to good success.

On Defense, we have a lot of opportunistic guys, so we will get some turnovers that will help us to win some games that we maybe are not supposed to…Also, I feel we lack the core of talent to be super-consistent on D. This year we’ll eat nails and crap lightning, but sometimes just get beaten over the middle, as we still have a soft spot in the middle, especially with just one or 2 injuries to a S or LB.

DL is massively improved, and I’m not scared of GB. GB+Refs is much more formidable, for sure…especially in Lambeau.

1 Like

I’m sticking with next at the soonest. Nothing wrong with having expectations. I’ve been there. For decades. I just think that this year is premature. Even next year might be too soon, but I do think they’ll at least be competitive in ‘23, just not in ‘22. Hell, they still have draft picks to capitalize on next year.

1 Like

I don’t mind the last game being against the Packers, but it shouldn’t be disproportionately an away game year after year.

2 Likes

Philly worries me. They finally got their DT. If we beat them, the sky’s the limit.

1 Like

Frank the Tank is going to have his hands full. I’m sure our staff is going to show Jordan Davis a few things he’s never seen before. Should be fun to watch.

2 Likes

Maybe it’s better to play them game 1 than later, half full optimistic look at it. LOL

1 Like

Our Oline thinks they are top 5 if not the #1 oline in the league and wants to prove it.
We have a new OC with a new set of tool/toys/weapons.
We have a good RB room
Our Dline is looking to demand some respect.
This team is more than ready mentally to step right into a slugfest with a team like Philly(or anybody) and let the chips fall where they may.
Game one on the schedule though, I would like to see them come out healthy.

1 Like

Lions have had to go to Lambeau in December 10 times since 2000.

Considering that there are 4 months in a season… the expected “random” number of games at Lambeau in December would have been 6 over a 24 year period… but the Lions had to go there 10 times for a distinct disadvantage on the road.

1 Like

So much strain on tendons, ligaments, joints, playin across form someone that much bigger than you. Definitely gonna be doubling team blocking him.

1 Like

Definitely not an accident.

1 Like

I like it, too, but I’m going to have to see it before I get all worked up over it - AGAIN. Unfortunately I’ve seen that movie several times as a Lions fan. They not only need to run the ball to win consistently, they also need to STOP the opposing teams running game. Football fundamentals: to win you need to run the ball and you need to stop the run.

I don’t understand this? We have 4 RB with well over 4 ypc, and, they can catch. JJ isn’t the nest blocker in the world, but, he was showing improvement.
I’m just not sure how much better we can hope for?

Denver Broncos GIF by Broncos

1 Like

There’s always someone better, and if there’s not, wait a minute.
This grass is always greener on the other side of the fence is bullshit.
We have a complete TEAM.
The time is now.
Anyway…
There’s a Lemon Frog party at Chase Creek Smokehouse, starting at 6:00, through 10:00.
That’s on the other side of the world.
Have a great weekend, everyone.
I got to hit the road.

1 Like

I remember in 2016 they finally gave us a home game against the Packers to end the season. But being up to their old tricks, they gave the Packers a Saturday home game the week before the game. On the other hand we had an away game at Dallas on Monday Night. How obvious could they be about putting their thumb on the scale?

1 Like

I was curious if this was lopsided within the division… so I checked it out for the same time frame (2000-2021)

The Lions (10), Vikings (10), and Bears (8) made trips to Lambeau in Devember… plus Bears had 1 game there on 11/30 as well…

while Packers went to Chicago 11 times, Vikings only 4 times, and Lions 7 times in December.

Considering that both Chicago are cold weather teams… no big deal there… but the 2 dome teams are getting hosed…

1 Like

I thought Rod had a talk with the league and supposedly straightened them out on this. It is so blatantly obvious what league is trying to do it’s sickening.

One of my clients a few weeks back told me she had to go fill up the pool with the hose. I asked her why she doesn’t just do it herself?
(say it out loud, not just reading print)

Fashion Ho GIF

maybe… just maybe…… the NFL is taking a passive aggressive stance against Rodgers and his shenanigans last year???