Week 17 at Packers

One of the things I like to look at is the scheduling quirks that give one team or the other a time advantage. The Packers normally do well in that category each year. Their schedule is pretty normal but there are a few quirks:

October 9 vs Giants/October 16 vs Jets - They are making their first trip to London. They will not get a bye after the trip, leading to a slight time advantage to their next opponent. However, the league gave them the Jets at home to follow up the London trip.

October 30 at Buffalo/November 6 at Lions - They are going to travel to Buffalo for a Sunday Night game against the Buffalo Bills, then they are going to travel to Detroit on a slightly shortened week to play us at Ford Field. Another quirk to this is that it comes after playing the Commies on the road as well. So their trip to Ford Field is the 3rd straight road game. The final quirk is that the Bills will be coming off of their bye week to play the Packers.

November 13 vs Cowboys - The fact that they are facing their old head coach is not the quirk to this one. The fact that the Cowboys are coming off of their bye to play the Packers is the quirk. This makes 2 out of 3 weeks the Packers face a team coming off of a bye.

November 17 vs Titans/November 27 at Eagles - They have a Thursday Night game against the Titans, who are a physical football team. They get the benefit of the “mini bye” before they travel to the Eagles.

December 11 BYE - This is a super late bye. The league did them no favors with this being their bye week.

December 19 vs Rams - The Packers have a bye week before playing the Rams. That is normally a scheduling advantage in terms of time. In this case the league basically nullified the advantage of coming off of a bye because the Rams play on Thursday Night the week prior AND the game is on Monday Night. So the Rams get the mini bye plus an extra day and night, giving them close to 2 weeks off as well.

December 25 at Dolphins - I really like this one, even though I would have preferred for them to go to Miami earlier in the season when its hot. They are coming off of a short week and have to travel all the way down to Miami.

Reasons to like it:

1. Increased chance that the game doesn’t matter for them, us, or both teams. Losing that game won’t hurt if our season is over already, and winning it will be easier if they have nothing to play for

2. Winning at Lambeau to get into the playoffs, secure a seed or win the division will be HUGE for this franchise. If we can win the game in that kind of scenario then nothing in the playoffs will hold any fears for this team and the fans. That game could be an opportunity for the Lions to change the whole narrative around the team

1 Like

yes! Win that game to determine…
The.
Division.
Title.
Is.
OURS!!

We will have 12 wins already and resting our starters in this game: GB will be playing for a WC spot and we will let them win so we then play them at home for our first playoff win of the decade!

That is all!

1 Like

Fixed it for ya!

I just placed my second sports bet ever for the Lions to win the division title. Bet $100, win $9000.

3 Likes

AWESOME. I give the Lions 40% chance to win the division.
Packers @60%
Packer advantage - QB, Experience, officiating.
Lions advantage - Dan Campbell, run game, Fox, guts

1 Like

Sounds about right. Maybe the Packers aren’t going to get officiating this year. The league certainly stuck it to them with the schedule.
And Jamo will def be back by week 17. Time for a de-throning!

1 Like

Packer fans are gonna puke, when we start whipping their ass on the regular.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 240 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.