Weekly Reminder

I once rooted for an opposing kicker to make a game winning field goal for a Lions loss. It was December 24th, 2000. After the fuckery that ensued after that, I vowed I would never root against the Lions again.

bubbles GIF

1 Like

Come on, share the story…

1 Like

I think there’s a lot of conflation happening here. I was a ‘percentage of cap guy’ but I feel that way for any single player when the team is deficient. I’m glad we didn’t give Suh the contract the Phins did

I never hung drafting failures on Staffords neck. Though we did pass up better players to draft more ‘weapons’ for the offense (ahem…Ebron)

I also was in Stafford is ‘one of the problems’ camps. Because, in the past, he was. He only seemed to thrive in shotgun, made the offense one-dimensional, was inconsistent and always struggled against the better defenses

Interestingly, look up the shotgun stats for the Rams this year. They have basically adopted the offense that Linehan/Cooter developed for Stafford

Two truths:

Stafford was never the entirely the singular problem here
Stafford was in the past part of the problem here

Nobody that I have ever seen here contended Stafford was the singular problem or even ‘the major driver’. That’s a strawman special

Nailed it.

Excited Season 6 GIF by The Office

2 Likes

Yup. This board is way more grounded than Twitter and 97.1.

Iggy hated Stafford, but even he didn’t single him out as the only problem.

QBwinz a Strawman?
Can’t win against winning clubs?
Sorry, that’s laying the losing at the feet of the QB and you can’t walk it back now.

Isn’t that the same as laying all the comeback wins at the feet of the QB?

2 Likes

You can’t find where people on here called Stafford THE problem. But that’s exactly how its framed when its thrown back. “Oh, so Stafford was the problem!” No…he never was and noone said that.

2 Likes

What you’re doing is again conflation. You’re conflating data with opinion.

The data shows Stafford didn’t win against teams with winning records. This issue and ‘QBwinz’ (sic) is more or less the same

acknowledgement of this data set is not tantamount to ‘laying the losing at the feet of the QB’. If you contend this you are indulging in a cartoonish polarized world-view and not posting with intellectual honestly

1 Like

That’s reading understandably defensive.

Its reading like reality and the rest is bullshit people are making up on the fly.

1 Like

Here’s what some tend to ignore. The trough of Stafford’s career overlapped with our best rosters which prevented us from reaching heights that we hadn’t seen in forever. If we saw the 2011 Stafford or the 2015-20 (healthy) Stafford 2012-2014 we probably would have reached heights that we haven’t since I was 12.

If we draft Donald and Adams over Ebron and VanNoy we win a super bowl with Stafford

1 Like

Yup

1 Like

Nope

1 Like

Coach and OC/DC would definitely matter too…I get ya.
I think if Best and Titus hadn’t gone down, we would have won lots of meaning fun games too.

2 Likes

Plus any post with some Social D

2 Likes

Saw them in concert in a small intimate setting opening for The Ramones, at Ferriss State in the 90’s. Small theatre with a few hundred people. Amazing.

3 Likes

I don’t think so but we would’ve been a lot better. But by doing what you described we would’ve synched up an excellent roster with peak Stafford. That we failed to do that was my point. That failing was depending on the timing both on Stafford and the Lions.