**Welcome to Detroit** Lions select Jameson Williams!

Sweet!

Amazing flick.

Tommy Lee Jones I Dont Care GIF

2 Likes

Need to get him out there and him/Goff have 1 great game together. Will fill Lions fans with hope and boost 2023 season ticket sales. The draft is in Detroit so the media will need something to talk about as well.

I guess Jan 1st vs Bears is the game the NFL calls down to the refs and let them know to not call any holding on Detroit’s O-line so Jamo can go off. 300+ yards for Goff with 150+ and 2 TD’s for Jamo.

1 Like

Using common trade valuations of present year vs next year, we essentially traded our 2022 1st round pick for a 2023 2nd round pick. (and gave up a 2022 3rd to do it) :face_with_head_bandage:

…in 2024.

Jeffrey Simmons tore ACL before the draft.
He was selected 19th OA… 11 picks behind Hock.

Simmons missed 1/2 of his first year.

Now… he is a beast.

I would take Simmons over Hock…
and…. also over the majority of the 18 players taken before Simmons.

In 2 years… if Jamo is the WR that many people think he can be… it will be worth it.

6 Likes

Word

1 Like

Sure, sure and sure.

But still.

We traded a 1st round and 3rd round pick to pick a non-QB to play a year AFTER he was drafted.

I’ll be smiling as big as anyone when he goes jetting down the field for a score, but that will never change the purchase price.

I look at it more as….

we traded the #32 and #66….

for a top 10 pick… with the condition that he might not play for a season.

Unfortunately… the #32 pick (Cine) is also redshirting this year…

1 Like

That’s another way of looking at it, sure :).

If I’m being fair, I’m sticking to my original draft-day analysis; it’s a reflection of the WR market. It may end up being worth it in the end, but it came with a steep price.

1 Like

And it was still a bargain. If he hadn’t been hurt he would have gone top ten, especially if he’d run as fast as everyone thinks he would have. It was a steep cost but it still represents value IMO.

5 Likes

I just can’t wait to see him on the actual field… so much anticipation.

Lions Williams GIF by The Undroppables

1 Like

Gotta watch Jamo highlights every once in a while to remember what’s in the pipeline. Excited for his debut.

2 Likes

I’m afraid we might become too excited.