**Welcome to Detroit** Lions select Jameson Williams!

Last I checked he had 2 INTs and the DB they took with our 2nd round pick had 2, too.

1 Like

Honestly out of the 3 safeties taken by us, the bears and the Vikings

us and the bears got the much better end of the deal there (Both Kerby and Brisker look Goooood so far)

1 Like

If Jamo comes in a bust , I wonder how people will feel about Holmes then. Say he’s like Charles Rogers just never really put it’s together on the field. What happens then ? What if he’s John Ross

I don’t even want to go there right now. There’s enough criticism in his building a roster with players unable to contribute right away. Jamo’s a Lion and 1st round pick that we could sorely use right now.

3 Likes

Ahh ok didn’t see that. I hope even if Jamo plays one game this year he gets more than two catches! I bet we see him back in December, last handful of games probably…

“NFL ready”, should include “ready to play”, in my opinion.
They knew they were going to pay him to ride the pine at least part of the season.
No use crying over zero production for your two beans through 7 games and the foreseeable future.
Roll them dice!
People making fun of Kwesi? What did he do with the picks?
And, he just got a first round pick, basically, for nothing.
Kwesi is winning!

At No. 32 overall, took S Lewis Cine, who is injured and played 2 defensive snaps.

At No. 66 overall, took LB Brian Asamoah, who in 7 games has 2 tackles.

2 Likes

Speaking of Jamo, has anyone heard anything about him possibly practicing soon!?

This is the last update I could find and it’s from 4 weeks ago.

Now I’m struggling to remember who the safety we liked was that has 2 picks already. Until you posted this, I would have bet lunch money it was Cine.

Pitre! I was watching the Houston game (stuck in Houston at the time) as he came up with 2 picks. I mixed him up with Cine/Minny.

All I can say for sure is that Campbell only mentioned Cabinda as entering the process where he’s going to practice ahead of coming off IR. No mention of Jamo when he provided that update.

1 Like

You know what? As bad as that is, it’s better than we’ve seen from our pick.

That’s who I wanted as well:

Not really. One would expect a 1st Rd pick to be a starter and a high 3d Rd pick to be a contributor.

By the end of the 2022 season, I have little doubt that Jamo’s contributions to the Lions will exceed the contributions of those two–combined.

1 Like

I have plenty of doubt, and, watch Campbell talk about him. He has plenty of doubt, too. He won’t even venture a guess.

Time will tell.

1 Like

Cine and Booth???

They have combined…. for 2 snaps… on defense.

2 Likes

I mean u will be right for sure, but the Vikes are 6-1 and Cine is out for the season and his career could be in jeopardy, that’s just horrible luck for the Vikes. So, pretty easy one to be right on. I’m excited for Jamo, but you can’t judge any magic bean trade when they are rookies. Come back to this one in 3 years.

2 Likes

No. I got turned around. It was Pitre and someone else that I don’t really care to try to look up. I had looked up a couple of players a couple of weeks ago while watching a game with buyer’s remorse at all of our top picks being MIA. I had recalled, incorrectly, that they were Minny’s. I was wrong. I know one was Pitre and I’m not sure who the other was.

LOL

I wonder how people would feel if a purple dragon ripped the roof off of ford field at halftime, was signed and allowed to play QB, and the lions win by 80?

1 Like

Campbell finally gave an update! Sounds like December. Might play 4-6 games.

2 Likes