** Welcome to Detroit ** Lions select Joshua Paschal!

Definitely a possibility. I love the guy too. The thing that jumps out at me is his level of aggression…I’m like, “Niiiiice! You angry MF’r! Welcome to the club.” Love it!

3 Likes

Yeah, I’m very very interested to see what Paschal looks like in full time attack mode.

1 Like

So apparently Logan Sternberg has more input in the process than Penei Sewell.

I kid, i kid.

2 Likes

Heard an interesting comp for Paschal this morning from Dan Orlovsky.

Likened him to Shaq Barrett. Paschal is a considerably bigger guy, but I’d certainly take the 2019-2021 Barrett production.

1 Like

Please brighten up then. Thank you!

Just got around to watching this guy’s tape.

How was he not a 1st rounder??

2 Likes

Just read the kids story. the cancer was fairly advanced - stage 2/3

They had to remove skin and nerves down to the bone on the foot as well as lymph nodes from it spreading.

It’s pretty amazing that he rallied and continued to play at a high level

4 Likes

The more and more i look at it…the more and more i like the pick. I was pissed because i wanted Dean or Muma. Kid maybe the best pick besides Joseph

I was thinking that too. If you gave me a blank slate without draft projections and all that and handed me Walker and Paschal’s game tape, I wouldn’t see a huge difference.
Granted, Walker is bigger but athleticism with burst and power, that relentless attacking style, versatility, production, I don’t see a big difference. At least not the difference between 1st overall and mid to late 2nd. Maybe bigger school exposure is what gave Walker the big edge?

The bottom line, he really pops off on the game tape and especially in the biggest games against Georgia and Florida.

1 Like

PFF had him graded as a high 2nd rounder by draft day, so it’s not like this was completely out of nowhere. I suspect he was always a mid-2nd rounder and us/the media were just late coming around to it.

5 Likes

Mark Stoops is really underrated when it comes to developing defensive talent. Pretty suprised a Blue Blood hasn’t gone all out dor him recently. I thought he would have been a much better hire than Venables.

This play has me ready to watch some ball….

3 Likes

I don’t see that comparison at all in Paschal. Shaq is a speed rushing outside backer. Paschal plays with way more power and less speed. And Paschal can play both end and tackle.

Just manhandles the poor center like he’s a high school player.

Registered in my subconscious mind that it was against a Packer, in that ugly, yellow, sissy-colored uniform.

5 Likes

As I was watching Paschal demolish that center, I noticed the blitzing linebacker get blasted backward by #70. At first I thought two awesome plays on the same snap.
Closer look shows 70 hits him high and the running back hits his knees at the same time. Lucky if the kid wasn’t injured.

He does that regularly when he’s asked to pin his ears back. Yeah I mean I hope that’s his role on obvious passing downs. I’m excited to see what he can do.

2 Likes

I feel like he could evolve into a good DE. It’s gonna be interesting to see what they do w/him.

Josh Paschal has just signed his Rookie Contract with the Lions according to ProFootballTalk. Finally, that took a while.

5 Likes

Dude has HEAVY HANDS!! That is prob his best trait along with his motor. He hits you and knocks you back. Hes gonna be a nice piece on D and much needed. All around stud anywhere you put him and his mental makeup second to none. This kid is gonna be a defining piece for this turnaround.