** Welcome to Detroit ** Lions select Joshua Paschal!

out of likes for 3 hours. LOL
Love the “Total buy-in” on both of these guys

2 Likes

It might be overkill, but I’d prefer that to underkill after the beatings in Seattle and Denver.

2 Likes

7 now. He plays a lot more than just DE

I don’t think it is overkill… because there are fewer 260+ pound guys that have the athleticism needed to play along the lines than there are 200-230 pound dudes to play elsewhere.

1 Like

Not sure if that due was kicked out or just deleted his sign in…
but I can’t even find his posts with a search now…

not sure if it was the mods… but he got shot down with the quickness! :+1:

3 Likes

If they did I am extremely grateful. Very disruptive to conversation flow.

1 Like

That fact doesn’t sound so fun for Jacksonville

Just imagine how high Paschal could have been drafted if he was 1 & 3/8 inches taller.

Half the width of your cell phone.

Seriously… if Paschal was 6’4" tall… 268 pounds… with a RAS score >9.5 … and the TFL production he put up in the SEC along with decent sack numbers…

imagine how the perception changes.

5 Likes

He may turn out to be the player with the biggest impact on the team in year 1

2 Likes

It’s funny but I was going to ask you in a different thread (UDFA) if you think Holmes is trying to find ‘the next aaron donald’. Then I saw this comparison when I wanted to see Paschal’s RAS scores.

Levi last year felt like a Donald pick. Paschal this year. Do you think he is looking for the next game changing defensive lineman?

1 Like

I definitely think they want Paschal to provide some interior rush at times…

What I am not sure about… is if they want to use him as a DE to mimic the Cam Jordan role in Nola?

That is an interesting thought since some people compare Hutch to Trey Hendrickson…. :thinking::thinking::thinking:

Cam is definitely a larger than average DE. Just fast enough to get to the QB but relies more on power than speed or reflexes.

Donald is undersized as a DT. He wins with exceptional reflexes, short area quickness and pound for pound strength.

Levi seems to have the reflexes and get off though no where near Donalds strength at this point.

What about Paschal? His RAS scores are very impressive as is his versatility. How is his get off and reaction time?

Still trying to figure out Holmes’ strategy.

1. Get DL in the draft because it’s hardest acquire that kind of talent in FA?
  2. Build a platoon of DL so your defense doesn’t tire in the 4th quarter?
  3. Maybe Levi and Brockers aren’t good enough so he needed to upgrade?

Just interesting that he is doubling down on the DL 2 drafts in a row, though Alim, Levi, Hutch, and Paschall are all a little bit different and could all be on the field at the same time depending on down and distance.

1 Like

No Flowers or N. Williams. Romeo coming off achilles. Levi was pretty uninspiring. Lacking depth. Alim was solid but needs to continue improving. Charles Harris one year of production, but will he build on it? What is JO going to be?

So many question marks on this defensive line, but we all agree games are won and lost here. They are continuing to attack this area in the draft because despite our approach last year, it’s still an obvious weakness. The stats support that.

2 Likes

Paschal’s body type reminds me of Melvin Ingram

3 Likes

Yep. For sure. Most definitely needed help. No way they would be able to build the DL into what It was supposed to be in one offseason. To expect them to fill all spots in one year would be completely unreasonable.

Year 2…we’re closer. I can see them going after more DL help next offseason too…especiallly if they don’t feel the need to replace Goff (think they will though).
DL in the first again, next year? Vasai’s replacement (if we let him walk)?

I can see these dudes going DL every year in the first 3 rounds.

Once we fill all of our holes, what is left, but to improve the roster? How do you best improve the roster? DEFENSIVE LINE, MF’rz!

The more tape I watch, the more I’m blown away…this kid is special. My pick for steal of the draft.

3 Likes

Just watching him a little bit. He’s got more pass rush ability then his numbers suggest. When he’s asked to attack he’s got a really nice get off and that motor is absolutely relentless. That Georgia game when he was asked to attack and not read react he was splitting double teams and Georgia had a hard time trying to contain him. He was in the backfield a lot.

There’s no let up with the guy. I love it.

2 Likes

Love it

After watching that video the other day, my first thought was that was that he showed better against Georgia than even Hutch did.
I think Paschal is going to be our darkhorse pick that really makes our defense much better than where he was picked. Love this pick!

2 Likes