** Welcome to Detroit ** Lions select Malcolm Rodriguez

I think he could possibly be a solid backup. Gotta see more of a body of work though.

1 Like

His upside is high. If he’s 6’1" 236 as opposed to 5’11" 232 and with an inch longer arms he’s probably going late day 2/early day 3. He’s pretty talented.

2 Likes

Teddy Lameman?

1 Like

Animated GIF

3 Likes

That clip is so precious. It came from a news report in LA on the first day of school for this kid a couple of years ago. He’s very brave and excited, and then the reporter asks him if he’s going to miss his mother. Turns out he’s going to…

3 Likes

I think he’s going to be a special teams maniac. Zach follett 2.0

3 Likes

They gushed about him more than the other value picks
If this guy becomes a starter in a couple years, even a solid rotational guy, Holmes & Co — man they can find talent

Some unexpected names will not make the final roster starting this year

2 Likes

I knew you knew. I was just busting on you BN.

1 Like

The league is filled with players who overcome myriad physical shortfalls. Sometimes guys are just great football players who won’t be limited or denied. Obviously this guy has chosen to build strength as a way to compensate. These are the type of guys I don’t mind on my team. They will work any angle to gain an advantage.

3 Likes

Are short arms a real issue though?

I realize that a long reach is nice in certain situations… but not sure it is a deal breaker for off the ball LBs.
Kwon Alexander has done OK… with nearly same arm length

Even Luke Keuchly had only 31 inch arms. :eyes:

2 Likes

Who were the best ‘value picks’ on Day 3 of 2022 NFL Draft? | ‘NFL Draft Today’

By far my favorite pick in day 2 or 3 in terms of value. Getting a guy like this in the 6th round is a steal. He is short and undersized but makes up for it with leverage and big time strength at point of attack. At minimum, he will make this team at special teams. Reminds me of a Miles Killabrew type guy.

3 Likes

I am not the only one either. The more I watch and read on the guy, the more excited I am.

1 Like

I think in terms of getting of blocks his wrestling background should help compensate a bit.

3 Likes

I can see the comp on the athleticism… but I think Malcolm is more instinctive.

WAY more instinctive

State Championship Quarterback as well! The fake punts are going to be fun with Fox and Rodriquez.

And then 5 years later, putting up 36 reps of 225 and playing linebacker.

He also started a safety as a freshman. Interesting kid. Another 2 time team captain.

Middle LB?

Malcolm in the Middle?

6 Likes

He seems like a WILL inside linebacker in a 3-4 to me. Like a Devin Bush type of skill set.

Deeply hurtful shit, my man. I hardly slept last night. LOL.
:wink:
Thanks for reaching out. thoguh. Fun stuff.