** Welcome to Detroit ** Lions select Malcolm Rodriguez

This is a guy that’s going to become a pro bowl special teams player.

1 Like

najacks - makes sense. Hauling ass downfield to lay some wood on a ball carrier!!!

I like it.

2 Likes

I think he’ll end up outplaying his draft position. I can see him as our new field general in a couple of years.

I hope you’re right. The short arms more than the lack of height look to be the real issue. I’d be surprised if he’s on our roster for more than two years, but I’ll root for the guy.

Looks great. At the very least a nice ST player.

I don’t want to underestimate him.
I remember the last time we had an undersized guy from Oklahoma that wore #20

4 Likes

Pffft, he’s no Lawrence Taylor. What a bum.

3 Likes

Billy wasn’t undersized. Barry went to OSU.

I’ll put a “U” in there for you if you want.
Obviously I’m talking about Barry…who attended the same college as Rodgruguez…and wore the same number.

Just having fun. I don’t REALLY expect him to be as impactful as Barry.

Surprised I had to clean that one up on a Lions board

1 Like

Everybody said London Fletcher was too short to play linebacker. Sometimes players overcome physical obstacles. Usually starts between the ears and then connects to the heart. If he was physically frail, slow or stiff in the hips along with being short it would be a problem. He has the speed, fluidity and muscular frame needed, seemingly along with the attitude. If he were 2 inches taller he probably goes a round or two higher. I would not discount this kids future just yet. Time will tell, but I get the pick.

5 Likes

Can’t be any worse than Tavai or Dizon and he’s not a second round pick so we got that going for us. A lot faster than those guys too.

5 Likes

He’s gonna be a good ST dude, with upside for more.
We can always use depth/ST guys.
I like him.

Also → playing behind our DL will be better, in terms of playing “clean” this year.

Lots more beef up front.

4 Likes

Not to be that guy lol, but Barry didn’t wear #20
At Oklahoma St.

He wore #21 :wink:

Ahhhh - You are correct! I forgot he wore a different # in college.

1 Like

They LOVE this guy on GMF. Watch the best available video here. They think he is 2nd round calibre and a starter.

6 Likes

Bang for the buck, this is my favorite pick of the draft. If the defensive line does its job, this kid could be a real find. Looking at his film, he reminds me of a faster and more athletic Zach Thomas. Very instinctual and the Forced Fumble numbers are not an accident. This guy is looking to create turnovers.

6 Likes

Loved what they had to say about him. Also…he looks VIOLENT.
Everyone we draft looks to have a violent streak to them. I love that.

1 Like

Love how he tackles. I think someone else mentioned it. He drives through the tackle. Physical player - I love it!

1 Like

I’d be surprised if he doesn’t make the roster. I see him helping with team speed, chemistry, fantastic ST potential, and possibly working into the regular lineup.

3 Likes

Just strictly from a workout and discipline standpoint 36 reps of 225 at 232lbs is really something else. If he doesn’t work out it’s not going to be due to effort or discipline. Short of injury i think he’s a safe bet to have a good long career in some capacity.

4 Likes