🔊 Welcome To The Court Of The Crimson King

Here’s one for you, human coronavirus is listed on Lysol cans. It’s a brand new, made in China virus, though?

Throwing out more obscurities that I love. Just for you to get the gist of where I’m coming from.

Charlie Bown’s Parents
Charms
Funky Nassau
The Simpsons
Revelator
Jackie Blue
Short Skirt, Long Jacket
A Common Disaster

Hey, I can do this forever…

Liar
Climb to Safety
Los Ageless
The Widow
Amoreena
What Do You Want From Life?
Jerry Was a Race Car Driver
All You Zombies

I just bought my Colin Hay tickets for March 14th.
I like that dude. He is a good entertainer.

https://santacruzguitar.com/

A cow bell acid trip…

Time Has Come Today
Chamber Brothers.

1 Like

Harper Valley hottie…check out the boots.

3 Likes
1 Like

Sorry, my list got a bit long…

One of my favorite tunes ever and a huge part of our great lakes history:

Another one of my favorites:

Don’t like much of today’s country music but here’s one my boy likes and it’s grown on me:

Can’t leave these out:

One of my childhood campfire tunes. My dad and uncles used to sing. Play the harmonica and guitar:

Other Bands I like: Matchbox 20, Creed, Lifehouse, Hinder, Linkin Park, Incubus, Finger Eleven and yes I even like some Nickelback.

3 Likes

Thank you for posting that Everlast song. Just a couple of days ago, I was racking my brain trying to think of the name of that tune.

Awesome
Over the years I’ve bumped into these kinds of shows by accident, while driving
They’ve always been top notch at providing original, artistic music
Mainstream music is at an all-time low — catering to the masses vs delivering anything worthwhile
Hey, I like a snappy pop song as much as anyone, but I need more than that

I’m hoping WDET has playlists that I can reference and check on Spotify
Always looking for undiscovered music

1 Like

Only song I know from him but that song always put a smile on my face
I just added it to my “Pool Sunny Day” playlist. :grin:

1 Like

The first 5 I’ve never heard — kinda like Funky Nassau
Jackie Blue was a pretty big hit … in the 70s I believe
Short Skirt was in heavy rotation a few years back — I think I over-played it
A Common Disaster is a song I never tire of — it’s one of those perfect songs

I believe their website does and you can listen to past shows. Actually, Saturday has more great shows after Ann. Rob Reinharts “Accoustic Cafe”, Ismael Ahmed’s" This Is!and Earth" which is world music. Late at night is also Ed Love’s " Destination Jazz" and “Jay’s Place” which is R&B, blues & soul.

Great shows, one and all. Weekend staple in my house.

A little over a month ago the kids and I we’re headed to their wrestling practice and it came on the radio… It had been years since I’ve heard it. I told the kids to remember lyrics ‘might be what it’s like’ and when we got there 10-15 min later they forgot and I could only think of ‘might’.

So I started asking some of the parents if they knew but couldn’t describe the song beyond the word ‘might’. Even searched song lists with ‘might’ in the title, nothing… Heard it again a couple weeks later. ‘What It’s like’ ugh

I can’t believe I’m reading a Den post pimping Ann Delisi and WDET! Good on ya man. Best radio show around.

Man, before they cut their weekday music programming you their used to be like 10 great shows on that station. Such a shame. Glad Ann’s show survived though!

1 Like

I may have to adopt that sort of practice
It’s nice to have good fresh music

1 Like

Los Straightjackets…Pacifica

The bass player was my room mate for 3 years…

1 Like