šŸ”Š Welcome To The Court Of The Crimson King

2 Likes

One of my favorite bands cite Townes as a huge influence - Cowboy Junkies

1 Like

Great covers like ā€œmining for goldā€!

Trinity sessions is still a non Christian fav of mine!ā€™

When Iā€™m feeling suicidalā€¦

1 Like

Best concert for me ever? 2016 Tobymacā€¦ I was caught by supervise as I wasnā€™t expecting this guy to be sick an entertainerā€¦ like his lead in for this songā€¦

And when Iā€™m dazed and confused wanting to smash my head into the wall while worshipingā€¦

And, back when the only man Iā€™d swallow whole was Jack Danielsā€¦ before my Christian daysā€¦

1 Like

My ex had a cousin that lived in Toronto. We visited her many times and I LOVE Toronto! Anyway, she had a best friend that grew up with the Timmons ( three members of the Cowboy Junkies). Around 2004, she invited us to see them live at the ā€œChurch of the Holy Trinityā€, where The Trinity Sessions was recorded, There were oh about 200 in attendence. Got to meet and greet with them afterward.

My greatest musical memory!

ā€¦love The Uncle Lucious selection. Havenā€™t heard that one before.

2 Likes

Iā€™m jealous brother!!

Love that Dolby tune, and as a scientist myself, was fun to light one up with that in my brainā€¦ :wink:

Dis my new COVID19 anthem. Lyrics are spot on for this situation, itā€™s got a good groove and itā€™s a lot better release from The Who than anything from The WHO latelyā€¦

1 Like

This ones more appropriate weezy.

Ching-Chong, Ching-Chong

1 Like

Very appropriateā€¦you would be roundly microaggressed and cancelled if you were showing that in the Peopleā€™s Republic of Ann Arbor

Remember kids, Ann Delisi @ 11am today.

That is just wongā€¦

1 Like

A Most Beautiful Song For a Sunday Morning

1 Like

A couple of YouTube channels I enjoy:

Leo Moracchioli - Heavy metal covers of songs from other genres. This Norwegian plays all of the instruments, and clearly doesnā€™t take himself too seriously. Some are stretches, but the ones that are good are really good. I think the covers of Sultans of Swing (Dire Straits), Hot Stuff (Donna Summer), and Bad Romance (Lady Gaga) are among the best.

Epic Rap Battles of History - Okay, so this is more about the lolz than the music, but if you enjoy hip hop and comedy roasts, youā€™ll get a kick out of these. Thereā€™s a lot of good historical nerdery in the lyrics, too, like when Alexander the Great raps, ā€œā€¦now you got the pan-Hellenist from Pella hella pissed.ā€ They morphed into wider pop culture references than just history, so you can now see Ronald McDonald and the Burger King take their ongoing beef to the mic.

2 Likes

That rap is pretty funny. Along the same lines, hereā€™s a Dread Zeppelin tune. Who doesnā€™t love a Zeppelin cover band with a fat Elvis lead singer with a reggae beat.

Heartbreaker

More goodies from my foot locker:

I Donā€™t Have a Tie
I Wanna Be Your Dog
Pepper
Flagpole Sitta
Killing in the Name
Hooker With a Penis

1 Like

Love this guy, always loved his sound.

1 Like

Neil was the only good thing that came out of Journey.

Yeah I just watched Journey ā€˜breaking the bandā€™. Unfortunate they couldnā€™t stay together cause they had it.