šŸ”Š Welcome To The Court Of The Crimson King

Might as well bump this pig, since the other music thread is going well.

You are a musician @BitterSydā€¦you play music everyday.

Hear me out:

26 letters in the English/Latin alphabet. You learned all of these basic letters first, then you moved on to learning how to combine these letters into words. Then you learned how to combine these words into sentences. Then you learned how to create emotion with these words by the tone in which you speak themā€¦yelling, whispering, slowing down, speeding up, etcā€¦

That is music. Speaking a language is music. We are all musicians.

Music consists of 7 basic letters (A-G). You learn a few basic rules to create structure with these notes, just like forming a sentence with letters and words.

If you can speak and write in any languageā€¦then you have already become a musician. You just didnā€™t realize it.

Pick up that guitar, harmonica, or bass that I believe you have laying around your house. And start speaking a new languageā€¦

1 Like

A little Morphine on a nice dayā€¦

Top Floor, Bottom Buzzer

Candy

1 Like
1 Like
1 Like
1 Like

More fun stuff to think through. Prog is probably my favorite genre. Started in the mid '60s and continues today in various modes.

Quantrum - Brian Bennett

1 Like
1 Like

One of my faves!

Thank you youtube algorithm. Worth a share. Tough song to perform on any instrument, on top of a tough song to do vocallyā€¦,ā€¦,ā€¦andā€¦thisā€¦dudeā€¦nails it! I was blown away by this performance.

1 Like

Gonnaā€™ bump this pig for a tasty treat from the Sugar Cubes.

Really think Bjork should have stayed with the 'Cubes. The only time I ever enjoyed her.

:vulcan_salute:

1 Like
1 Like
1 Like

Bumpeesā€¦

Damn, I Miss this man

This urban Meyer thing had me thinking of a particular Frank Zappa song

1 Like

I saw Morphine just a couple months before Mark Sandmanā€™s heart attack. I think it was thief last show before going out on the European tour in which he passed away. Soul Coughing opened. Really awesome show.

1 Like
1 Like