Well, I'll be

That’s every QB in the league, including Rogers, Stafford, Allen, Mahomes, Burrows, Herbert…all of them.

1 Like

I think it had less to do with McVay and more to do with our coaches putting Goff in position that maximizes his talent. I would also credit Goff for stepping up and maturing.

4 Likes

I didn’t even catch the MRS…my adhd maaaan…

Could agree more with all of this!

2 Likes

McVay is highly overrated no doubt about it. I think he calls a terrible game and is overly conservative.

2 Likes

It’s think it’s real, but if so it’s silly. Supposedly a bunch of players were on a zoom call. Bonding and such (remember this is during a zombie apocalypse). Some other player made mention of how pretty Veronika was and Jared said, “I’d pipe her.”

Sean wishes he was a taller man (see the application of copious amounts of hair gel to steal another two inches), so he reacted in Napoleonic fashion.

That’s the scenario that I read on Rams boards several years ago at least.

Everybody swears by Jared as a human being. It was just a harmless joke but it turned into something more than it should have. There were some performance issues as well of course.

1 Like

I’m not sure I agree. Damn good ball coach.

He does need to revolve a bit but if he sticks it out I’m sure he will.

He’s just too conservative for me :man_shrugging:t2:

I shouldn’t of said no doubt about it and instead said IMO…lol

Side note
Being adaptable might be the most important trait for a coach. He seems to really lack this

1 Like

I mostly agree. I just don’t think he’s been given enough time to judge his adaptiveness. I do expect a Dick Vermeil career. He’s likely out to join the broadcast media soon but will boomerang back into coaching down the road.

The two concepts you’re linking are not necessarily mutually exclusive. It’s quite possible for you’re point regarding McVay’s overall acumen as a coach to be correct and his handling of Goff to be incorrect.

For instance, I had a position as a supervisor and prided myself on getting new hires positively contributing within DAYS. They were completely clueless and had to be spoon fed, but they were functional, and from that point I grew them into more. I simply believe McVay skipped the latter half of that progression.

1 Like

Let’s also see how McVay does when the talent that Holmes helped bring in is gone. Last year we all watched the Rams lose to Seattle which kept us out of the playoffs. He made some awful game management decisions there

And yet if the game is officiated fairly or Carnell Lake’s kid holds onto the ball they win despite bringing a knife to a gun fight.

The Rams lost, you got what you wanted, a better draft pick.

Congratulations.

1 Like

That was a consolation. But if you recall I said multiple times ‘unless it affects our playoff situation’. That affected our playoff situation

I don’t recall. I do recall a lot of losing every game posts.

I suppose you were wanting the Rams to lose in Week 13 as well.

You can go back and scan if you want. Here’s the easy qualifier. If it helps the Lions playoff chances. That’s the exception

Gotcha, I wasn’t aware of the other thread, just the exchanges from the one we were involved in a few days ago.

I said it a bunch in our thread too. But this one was easier to look up so I linked this one. You can find that qualifier in our discussion too if you were inclined to dig through it. Which I’m not at the moment :joy:

Lol. I figured it was baloney, but with pro athletes you never know.

I say we call Sean by the name Mrs. McVay from here on out

That’s not even remotely true.

Patrick Mahomes had Travis Kelce and a lot of random dudes and not an elite OL. Rodgers had Davante Adams and a bunch of “meh”. Josh Allen has Diggs and a bunch of “meh”. There are certain QB that can be elite without having everything perfect around them, IMO, Goff isn’t one of them. Herbert has elite weapons, but a crap OL and the weapons can’t stay healthy. Burrow had elite weapons, but a meh running game and a crap OL.

Why are we not acting like in year one with Goff a lot of Lions fans were complaining and trashing Goff? Granted, I get it our fan base can be really bad at times(see: Stafford, Matthew), but that is because he was underachieving because he didn’t have the things he NEEDED.

There’s just a difference between those guys and Goff. Which isn’t controversial. He NEEDS certain things to be really, really good(said the same about Matt Ryan) - and lucky for us, he has them. Nothing I’ve said is really controversial, lol.