Well, I'll be

GB, KC and Buffalo all spend more money on the offense to help their QB’s than the Lions spend on offense to help Goff.

All QB’s need a lot of help, including Mahomes, Rodgers and Allen. Many people forget the fact that football is a team sport.

2 Likes

Never said otherwise and money spent is absolutely irrelevant. A lot of Detroits dudes around Goff are on rookie contracts. You’re not disproving my point whatsoever, but starting an entire new argument that’s irrelevant .

No one ever said QBs don’t need help. The simple FACT, is that certain QBs need more help than other QBs. Goff needs more help than Allen, Mahomes, Burrow, etc. There’s a reason why he was ran out of LA and in year one of DET was dumped on. He didn’t have the necessary players around him and there were better options(for the Rams). Again - nothing I said is really that controversial.

LOL

May be true, but KC and Buffalo are giving their QB’s more help than we are giving Goff.

2 Likes

It was impressive but you also need to look at the team. He had Aaron Donald, he had a prime Todd Gurley, he had Goff for his first full season as a starter, Kupp was as good his rookie season as ARSB. There is no way that kind of team should have gone 4-12. I credit McVays rise as much to the talent on that team as anything else.

McVay is not Shanahan. I don’t think he can take a bad or mediocre QB and make him look great.

1 Like

So, I’m suspecting your “LOL” is in a condescending douche matter. But, doesn’t actually refute anything I said. Buffalo is paying huge money to Allen/Diggs. We have Ra on a cheap deal, Gibbs on a cheap deal, Laporta, Jamo, Goff is relatively cheap, Sewell, Jackson, etc…

Money spend is irrelevant without context. You can laugh it away and pretend you’re right, but you’re not.

“May be true, but KC and Buffalo are giving their QB’s more help than we are giving Goff.” LOL.

Would you take our RB corps, OL, and WR/TE corps over KC/Buffalo? I would. Their ONLY advantage is Kelce and Diggs. Outside of that? The Lions’ support is better. The difference? Allen and Mahomes are better.

So… no, in not in anyway BESIDES money are the Chiefs or Bills giving their QBs more support.

It got the response that it deserved.

Just because you don’t understand the concept of a salary cap, definitely doesn’t make you right.

1 Like

Not going to waste my time debating with ignorant. You’re wrong, I know you are wrong. Not sense wasting any of my energy on you being wrong. I don’t like to debate idiots so I’ll just see myself off to bed and allow you to think you’re right<3. Toodles.

Sounds like a man realizing he’s wrong, kudos. Sleep tight.

1 Like

Well now I’ve got the name for my Depeche Mode cover band.

2 Likes

These type of discussions are fun. I’ll go with this…

KC has arguably the best oline in the league along with Philly and Kelce is better than anyone on Detroit. I’m going KC here.

Buffalo? Diggs is better than anyone on Detroit and Knox is a solid TE. Oline is average at best. Detroit RB room makes this close along with the DET oline. I’ll go Detroit on this one.

I agree with your premise some QBs need more help.

1 Like

Mahomes also has an elite play caller. If you are going to say Ben Johnson is a major reason Goff is successful here, let’s not forget Andy Reid is perhaps the most brilliant offensive mind in the game

3 Likes

Please say this is true.

I guess we understand why it should be that deadstroke and Minotaur should get along so awfully.

2 Likes

What can you say? People are people and that’s the policy of truth.

the funny thing is……

“bad Goff” threw for 4638 yards in 2019… which is the 57th best yardage in a season of all time… more than Brady threw for in 2020 when he won a Super Bowl with the Bucs.

Goff not only had O-line issues that year… and a broken Gurley …. but Cooks missed time and wasn’t 100% for several games due to concussion issues.

4 Likes

Listen damnit, the media is never wrong, and they said Goff sucked. I believed them. If Goff never really sucked, that makes me look foolish.
Goff sucks! Get it!

3 Likes

For informational purposes only.

Had Woods for 986 snaps
Kupp for 884 and Cooks for 701.

Imagine doing all that and still having time to pipe McVeys lady on the side. Dude was keeping busy

Cooks wasn’t “right” for a lot of those snaps after his concussion …
which was about the 3rd concussion he had suffered in about a year.

1 Like

Nonsense. It’s well known that only the Lions - or wherever Goff happens to be playing - have a play caller who helps his QB.

3 Likes