Well, I'll be

Exactly!

1 Like

The year Goff took the Rams to the SB he had far less weapons than those other QBā€™s have.

You may want to revisit the amount of talent those other QBā€™s have around them and compare it to Goffā€™s.

I think if you look closely youā€™ll realize that statement isnā€™t accurate

2 Likes

I have learned so much about McVay reading this thread. Luckily my short term memory is for shit.

Josh Allen has far less weapons then that 2018 Rams team

ā€œFar lessā€ is definitely an over exaggeration. For the last couple of years, the Bills have consistently spent around top 5 on offense to surround Allen with talent.

Similar.

Who else besides Diggs do they have??

Bills spent $151M spent on offense last year, tentatively $144M this year (for comparison Detroit spent $129M last year and tentatively $112M this year).

$24M APY on Diggs
$15M on LT
$13M on TE
$10M on C

Half the offense making more than $10M/yr. For comparison, Lions have just two (Decker and Ragnow), that will change in the future.

Woods $7M
Cooks $16M
Whitworth $11M
Gurley $14M

Cap is $225M this year, it was $177M in 2018. Top 4 players on offense $62M for the 2023 Bills, $48M for the 2018 Rams . . . similar.

Oh you talking about how much money they spent. I thought you was gonna show me a 1000+ yd RB who scores 10 TDs or more. I was looking for that other 1000 yd WR. I was looking for the TE who puts up Kelce-like numbersā€¦.the Bills have NONE OF THAT besides Diggs. John Brown is the only other WR Allen has had to go for more than 1000 yds and they happened before Diggs got there. Allen has never had a good running game

Nope, definitely talking about money spent, we are talking about surrounding the QB with weapons, right? OL is as integral a part as receiver and rusher production.

The Bills were 2nd in the league in rushing at 5.2 YPC, and the RBā€™s were 4.9 YPC . . . highest in the league. So he definitely had a running game. 8th in yards, so unless Allen was throwing the passes to himself, he had receivers too.

1 Like

YPC doesnā€™t mean a thingā€¦.otherwise Ron Rivers was a pro-bowler. The Bills have not had a 1000 yd rusher in Josh Allenā€™s entire tenure there. They have only had two 1000 yds WRs. You can spend all the money you wantā€¦.money spent does not equal production. The Bengals have itā€¦.they have two 1000 yd receivers. They have a RB who has put up 1000+ yds and ruble digit TDs. The Bills do not have that.

YPC is much more important than reaching some arbitrary 1000 yards rushing or 1000 yard receiving.

Or, their offense isnā€™t utilizing their assets well enough.

The Bills have surrounded Allen with plenty of talent. They just havenā€™t produced like the Chiefs and Bengals.

Perhaps they just arenā€™t as talented as you think. Cole Beasely is their #2 WRā€¦.nuff said

Maybe if Allen didnā€™t focus so much on Diggs, heā€™d have another 1000 yard receiver. Matthew Stafford turned Kenny Golladay into a 2 time 1000 yard receiver. Allen needs to make bad and average players better.

The Bills had the #2 rated offense last year, they gave Allen top 5 running game and they had a top 5 defense. They are obviously spending more than enough money on talent.

I donā€™t hate Goff. My issue is the phrase Goff took them to the SB. Which to me implies behind the strength of his play.

He went 15/28 for 186 yards with 0 TDs in the first playoff game. The Rams rushed 48 times for 273 yards and 3 TDs. In the 2nd game, 297 yds 1 TD 1 pick, they convert a fake punt, get gifted a call and they make the SB.

Thatā€™s a Rams QB who took his team to a SB.

Gabe Davis had 836 yards in 2022ā€¦.
and also had 3 TDs in the AFC championship game vs. the Chiefs.

Alsoā€¦ the 2018 Rams lost Kupp after 8 gamesā€¦.
and Gurleyā€™s knee was lame for end of season.

Allen was part of that top 5 running gameā€¦.he was 2nd on the team with 762 yds rushing and he led the team in rushing TDs with 7

Ok where is the other 1000 yd WR??

do players ā€œlevel upā€ when increasing from 836 to 1000?

Itā€™s 10 yards per game differenceā€¦.
I donā€™t understand this obsession with 1000ā€¦.

Because that is PRODUCTION. The Rams in 2018 had a 1200 yd rusher and two 1200 yd WRsā€¦.the Bengals had two 1000+ WRs and Mixonnis a 10000 yd RB. Allen is not playing with that kind of production other than Diggs

Goff definitely took that team to the SB. That was the same year he had a perfect passer rating against the Vikings and beat Mahomes in a shootout. The Rams got a ton of yards on the ground because the Cowboys run defense was awful.

You should watch the highlights from that game, Goff played great.

1 Like