Well, that was fast

ESPN’s Rob Demovsky reports the Packers are “unsure” of Jordan Love’s future with the team.
GM Brian Gutekunst talked candidly with reporters on Wednesday. He spread the blame for Green Bay’s 2-5 record around, not just pinning it on Love. He also praised Love, saying he the Packers as an organization “really like the way he’s responded to the adversity, how he’s led the team.” Gutekunst noted that the second half of the season will be crucial for determining Love’s future with the Packers. After throwing six touchdowns and no interceptions in his first two games of the year, Love has fully fallen apart, throwing five touchdowns and eight interceptions. There’s still time for Love and the offense as a whole to get back on track, but, if this continues, the Packers will be looking for a new starting quarterback in the offseason.
5h ago
Source: ESPN

4 Likes

After Favre and Rogers, my wish for them is a thirty year carousel.

15 Likes

It’s an accurate assessment of the situation….

but surprising that a GM would verbalize it….

8 Likes

Listen every team in the NFL can go on a 50 losing streak for all I care as the Lions win an unending string of Super Bowls.
Maybe after 50 in a row I might care about other teams success……nah :joy:

5 Likes

Hope Love didn’t buy a house in Green Bay.

1 Like

was hoping he would flirt around with being a borderline starter and show flashes at times to keep them interested for a few years or more. ahh well…hope the next guy is worse.

6 Likes

Great minds…
FT Packers!

2 Likes

Maybe we should tell Kerby to give up a TD or two to make Love look good. We can afford it.

2 Likes

We owned Aaron in his last days. It’s not going to matter.:sunglasses:

2 Likes

The GM needs to look in the mirror and address that fool.

2 Likes

I hear Jimmy G is available

3 Likes

Don’t get me wrong I love it… but the Packers stink. Hard to put it all on Love

Who are these Packers you speak of?

I would not be surprised if their first draft pick next spring is a QB.

And the ever popular…

3 Likes

If it wasn’t for Desmond Ridder, Love would be the worst QB in the NFC!

1 Like

Imagine being a GM who wasn’t good at his job. You were made to look like you were good at your job by…a particular QB. When you hit a bump in the road…what are you going to do to keep your job? Are you going to admit you were not actually good at what you are paid to do, or are you going to blame someone else and hope noone notices?

The Packers GM is blaming someone else and hoping noone notices.

2 Likes