What. A. Season

That was my second time. First time was when he signed with USFL but I was also kind of exited about that one too

1 Like

Guarantee it!

1 Like
2 Likes

Same here, turned 61 yesterday. Started watching at a very young age. I remember when the Packers when they were SOP (Same Old Pack) Benkston, Starr, Forrest Gregg, & Lindy Infante.
This year reminds me of the 91 team, but with a better future.

5 Likes

I’m another old fart, 63 here. Loved this year. I actually believe next year will be better.

3 Likes

vikings aren’t going anywhere in the playoffs. I really don’t understand how they’re 12-4.

1 Like

Since this appears to be the thread for old farts, I figured this was as good a place as any to introduce myself. Been a Lions fan since 1969 and survived living in Wisconsin from 1972 to 1983 without ever losing my aversion to anything Packer related notwithstanding I went to Wisconsin (hope y’all won’t hold that against me) and almost all my friends were Packer fans. JUST COULDN’T DO IT!

Last night was F’n awesome. Never thought the Lions would ever get their shit together but looks like they finally have. Can’t wait for next year and look forward to talking some Lions football

8 Likes

Welcome! Last night was a blast. Traded blows with division foes and emerged takig their very souls.

6 Likes

Same here. I have never felt so proud of this team or so excited to see where we go from here.

3 Likes

So proud of this team and happy for all of them especially MC/DC, Brad, and Goff. The future is very bright :sunglasses:

2 Likes

Same, at least since 2011 haven’t been this pumped.

4 Likes

The best part, living in Packer country…is the Packer fans know their run is over. Now they fear the Detroit Lions. :grin:

6 Likes

Yea, this team has more character than any of the more recent teams, even the Barry teams. I think the last team like this was the 81 team with the Silver Rush

1 Like

YES!!!

2 Likes

The morning after - now I’m just bitter about the refs in the Hawks Rams game.
Especially running into the kicker and Unnecessary roughness on Ramsey calls.
We’re a much better team than the Seahawks right now.

1 Like

Been a fanas long as I can remember around 63. This season has been onr of the funnest I can think of. Loved the Barry years and always wished Sim would of had a longer career. But this season has just felt different would liked to made the playoffs to have a chance on my bets. Looking forward to next year now damn rams

65 - was born in 1957 - the last year the lions won a championship (maybe its been me all this time LOL). Grandad and dad would watch. My dad watched when we first moved to VA but eventually moved on to the Colts (Unitas days) and then Redskins. I follow the skins but have never left the lions. Always been my team and it feels good to finally see a real plan and management turning them into a really good football team.

This team over-achieved in my view. I expected a 6-7 win team this year. They ended up with a winning record and almost made it into the wildcard. I walk away from the season feeling good about the future.

I am as old as the Superbowl and I have been a fan since Billy Sims.

1 Like

Kerby Joseph has 3 of them if I’m not mistaken

1 Like

For me
It also wasn’t just that because through the starting gauntlet of what turned into against almost every playoff team
The lions were hanging tough and it did look like games where DC could say
" when you win , nobody cares how and you go back and look to clean things up "
… they kept cleaning handled the teams they were supposed to and in a rematch took out teams they lost to.

So no matter the final win loss record
Imo it felt like DC was preaching a good message and the team was close. It was just awesome we got to see them get closer than many expected this year in the W-L record

1 Like