What about Pickett as our QB

My number 1 objective this offseason is to get Watson in for a visit.

I think that:

A:) he’s a sensitive mama’s boy and I do believe we’ve built a family style culture that he would embrace
B:) we have charismatic coaches that could make an impression
C:) Watson has gone on record lamenting the lack of African American executives
D:) he’s yearning to be loved and if he gets us even to a perennial WC level team and he’s a hero

If we can get him here and we can convince him, with #1, 33 and the Rams '23 pick would probably be about as good of an offer as the Texans would get.

That assumes the the legal stuff is sorted out.

I really dont see the Fords signing off on Watson.

You’re probably right. He does fit more of the dual threat prospect of someone really wants that model. He did look pretty dynamic against AZ this last game though

I don’t hate Daniels as a day three flyer. He’s got talent but I don’t like his progression in the passing game. There are tools there for sure though.

If we drafted Pickett would mark whipple come to Detroit? 4200 pass yards 1800 rush yards 6th ranked offense overall in college football. I haven’t watched too much Pitt just Pickett highlights. But he’d be familiar with our QB and our Qb would be fluent in the system which also boasts the fourth best rated oline in ncaa. Idk if this is a stupid thought or not but just asking a question.

frankly? , I have no idea what the brass is going to do @ QB…my guess is they stand pat with Goff for 2022. other than that I like UofM’s Hutchinson & Haskins , we will go WR…possibly DE & S…need pass rushing help either way. perhaps a cover CB. also, I’m not big on Decker…he seems to be injured quite a bit.

Not a stupid idea. I mentioned him in another post about OC Candidates. He has NFL experience as a position coach, and with his success as a coordinator on the college level, he makes a legitimate candidate.

In fact, that’s my biggest concern about Pickett. Is he the real deal, or is it superior coaching extracting the best out of him, like you saw with Tyson Helton coaching Sam Darnold at USC.

I could care less about his hand size. I doubt they’re deflating the ball and he’s getting the job done with his carney hands as is. I’m more concerned he’s a product of the system, which is a pretty darn good system.

I see Malik Willis is going to the senior bowl and I assume Pickett will as well. Looks like the Lions coaching staff are in prime seats to be coaching at it so that should given them plenty of close up opportunities evaluate some of these QBs

There’s a lot of Pickett fans here…

He is my favorite. The small hands thing scares me a little . He is always looking down field . Im all for drafting a Qb at 1a and he might be it for me .

I wish I could believe that, but I don’t.

Not necessarily a knock. IF we can get that better SEC QB, then cool beans, but if we are talking yeah maybe if the cards fall right next year - I’m out. To me Corral is good ENOUGH to just take and build around. IMHO his only “flaws” as a prospect is not playing in a “traditional” NFL offense (like most college QB’s) and he’s smaller than ideal. To me he isn’t a little better, but quite a bit better than Pickett who has prototype size, but does not seem very athletic and today’s NFL tends to call for a QB that can move around well.

Good Lord. If there’s a chance we take one of this year’s quarterbacks at number one overall I need to look ahead of time for replacement TV remotes. The one next to me might hit the wall at very high velocity

3 Likes

I wonder how he’d feel about DC demoting Anthony Lynn and taking over playcalling when he’s never done it and has not been very good at it to date. That action may be more germane to his role than us having a black GM. Not trying to be the turd in the punchbowl but…

Kayvon is no Chase Young either. There is no unreal 1OA player in this draft. So you will be over drafting ANY player this year. You could draft Lawrence Taylor and we are going absolutely nowhere with Jarred Goff.

If I’m being honest I just don’t see how Detroit can compete with Miami in terms of Instagram massage therapists.

2 Likes

Maybe he prefers them with a “winter layer?”

The bust factor for Pickett or any of these QBs is infinitely higher than KT or Hutch. The Lions don’t need a grand slam here. We need quality starters

Did Chase Young even end up being Chase Young?

2 Likes

No but there are players who will turn out to be great. Superstars. There are every year. We just need to make sure to find that guy, even if it’s against the consensus.