What Keeps You Going?

I just enjoy being angry and miserable. It’s cathartic and a creative well. I can’t imagine how boring happy people’s lives are.

Butterflies, rainbows, appletinis, Instagram, designer shoes, small meal portions.

Eff that.

2 Likes

I dont even care enough about the Lions to read most of these posts.

Wake me when the Lions are fun to watch again, they really haven’t been since 2014.

3 Likes

What keeps me going is I never bought into this regime in the first place and didn’t have high expectations. I was willing to be pleasantly surprised if I were wrong. But I just go into each weekend these days expecting a loss and catching a bit here or there but not becoming emotionally invested until we either bring in a GM/coach combo that I believe in, or they prove me completely wrong and turn this thing around. Thus far I’ve been pretty happy on weekends as I enjoy my first “winter” down in Florida and have kept myself busy with some yard work.

If we’re honest with ourselves, it’s the beans fueling us all.

2 Likes

Seeing a playoff win is on my bucket list.

1 Like

I think this is a great synopsis of how alot of us feel, but just couldn’t put into words. There is a point where it’s not fun anymore.

There’s a lot of truth to that. They represent what could be, a brighter future!

1 Like

The Google Ads for non-logged in users.

I mean, Barry highlights.

2 Likes

I watch the Red Zone for the most part. I figured we were an expansion team this year and unfortunately we are. Having Sunday ticket helps because its fun to watch actually competitive teams. I stopped letting the lions ruin my life pretty much after Caldwell was fired.

Losing as badly as we do is actually just as interesting as winning….

Gut reaction is everyone telling me I’m wrong, but I’m not.

I have buddies all over the country from work travel, and I’ve always been fascinated how much less involved they are than we are. Pats fans haven’t cared about the draft in 20 years. They just assume it will work out.

We call into radio shows, post in here daily, and obsess about whether to draft a WR, QB, or OT…

What keeps us going is hoping to have a front row seat on the day it finally happens here.

FOMO

2 Likes

Which is like showing up like clockwork at a theater in Chernobyl because you want a front row seat when the show finally comes back.

Of course the Chernobyl person isn’t as insane as a Lions fan. The Chernobyl person has only been showing up for 35 straight years hoping for something different…not 64 straight years.

3 Likes

1 Like

Been freakin’ brutal, for sure.

:laughing::rofl::joy:

No FOMO.