What position lines-up with that #18 pick?

Pick 18- positions that line up

RB
WR
TE
OL
DE
DT
CB
S

That’s basically all of them lol

lol
Am i wrong tho??

I’d remove RB, S, and definitely TE if Washington’s gone. But that’s just me. I think Brad might also.

Nice of you to leave off P because, well, you know…

I don’t think the age is that big a factor honestly. By the time he has to be paid, he will be 29. There’s really no mystery at that age. You know exactly what kind of quarterback he is. If he’s an NFL starter it still means he’s playing 10-12 years at minimum. QB is not like other positions in terms of age.

Of course I would prefer a 21 year old though.

Well by that age Goff had two PBs and a conference championship. If we’re going to draft someone that old Id rather take Bennett later

12 years from 26 means 38. Not a lot of QBs not named Tom Brady can do that. There’s a reason most teams with older QBs around 32-32 start to look for the replacement

1 Like

Go ahead and take Bennett…he’s got no shot at being a 10 year NFL starter.

Not a lot of rookies do. He’s got as good a shot as Hooker

Also I’m not in favor of drafting Bennett. I’m just saying if I were forced to choose between the two geezer QBs in this draft, I’d take Bennett

No…he doesn’t. Really odd choice considering Hooker’s upside is significantly higher than Bennett’s. But everyone has their opinions.

And do you always have to skew numbers just a tad to make an argument?

Hookers 10th year he would be 35. He’s 12th year he would be 37.

Maths are fun. I was just pointing out that he’s not going to play as a rookie due to injury. So a team will essentially have a 26 year old rookie in 2024.

You said starting QBs play 10-12 years. (It’s 4.5 average playing years for a QB). 12 + 26 = 38

Unless Brady invites him into his coven, that’s not likely

Also Bennett tied with Levis for strongest arm throwing at 59 MPH at the combine

He added a strong 33.5-inch vertical jump and a 9-foot-10 broad jump.

Bennett’s 4.20 second 20-yard shuttle was the best of any quarterback

He’s got a little pepper in his britches (I’m not sure what that means, but it sounded appropriate)

1 Like

That’s not how it works. Maybe after I lay this out, you will just say my bad lol…probably not though, you are never short of answers.

Born in January…he turned 25

Year - age
1 - 25
2 - 26
3 - 27
4 - 28
5 - 29
6 - 30
7 - 31
8 - 32
9 - 33
10 - 34
11 - 35
12 - 36

Math is hard. Even I was off by a year. What now? His 1st season doesn’t count because he’s injured? :joy:

You said starters play for 10-12 years minimum. You and I and the rest of the world know he’s not going to be a starter next year. Probably not in 2025 either

Best case scenario for him to be a starter is in 2024. That’s why I didn’t start his ‘10-12 year clock’ year one. I was using your standard

:joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy: like I said…you swivel that needle with the best of them.

And I said IF he’s a starting level QB, he could play for 10-12 years. I swear you will do this all day if I continue to engage.

Btw even if you don’t count year 1 (which is ridiculous because it’s still his rookie season) he’s 12th playable season(lmao) he will be 37, not 38.

It’s possible Witherspoon makes it to 18 but probably not, Porter Jr won’t, Branch should and could be a very good possibility.
Carter doesn’t make sense at 6, QB is definitely dumb at 6, and two of our first 3 picks last year were DE’s, not to mention another one in the 6th that was 2nd in rookie sacks…and I was originally on board of hoping Will Anderson fell to our pick. CB seems to make the most sense at 6 to replace Okudah-bust. Take the best of Gonzalez, Witherspoon, or Porter Jr.

1 Like

Also starting QBs don’t play 10 - 12 years minimum. Not sure where you pulled that from

I’ll say Hooker would be lucky to get drafted before round three. Rounds 4-6 seems more likely. He’s an older, injured one read QB from a gimmick offense

This is all just your opinion my friend. Talking in absolutes do not make it true.

My post was purely what makes sense to me. I’m not claiming to know everything or express my opinion as fact.

1 Like

I’m on board. Especially considering the defense we run. So much man defense in nickel and dime. We need fast physical corners

I’m also on board with JSN. At least until we resign Chark

1 Like

Was I really speaking in absolutes saying ?

Was my response not just my opinion?

You seem to see things different than most.

2 Likes