What position lines-up with that #18 pick?

I said what dude? That Hooker might be in the top 5 conversation if he didn’t get hurt?

For one, I said MIGHT. And second, he did get hurt and he isn’t in the top 5 conversation. And I never suggested he should go anywhere near the top 5.

Seriously wtf…

1 Like

@JD9, you can’t just take a QB if you want to get rid of Goff and his contract in a year or two. That QB has to be lights-out and have a higher ceiling than Goff. Again, which QB has that this year? Would it be better to focus on a QB next year if Goff shows he can’t win us a Superbowl or you want to get rid of his contract?

Same goes for DT, if Carter scares them (which he seems to be a hot mess), there’s really no other DT that makes sense at pick 6.

If you just pick guys who are available because of NEED, that’s a recipe for drafting a bunch of busts.

The best thing about Hendon Hooker is his name. I’d constantly to see how far I could take it. I’ll start

Hendon Hooker half-heartedly halted hammering hot hunks of heated hamburgers

2 Likes

I’m not making the decisions. I’ve said a half a dozen times on this board in the last 3 days I WOULDNT TAKE A QB AT 6 because I don’t like the QBs available.

But that doesn’t mean they don’t like one. Or think one is the long term answer. If they do, it makes a lot of sense to take them under our QB situation.

What exactly am I saying there that’s wrong?

1 Like

police cop GIF by South Park

But @CuriousHusker’s response was in direct response to you saying top 5 if he wasn’t hurt. “Are you really saying if he didn’t get hurt he might go top 5 as a 25-year-old coming out of that offense?” Which is literally exactly what you said. “He might be in the top 5 conversation if he didn’t get hurt.”

2 Likes

I clearly have no idea what I’m talking about bro :v:t2:

1 Like

Hendon Hooker has haltingly horrific halitosis

I’ve picked multiple guys at 18 in my mocks. I have no clue what direction they go. I think there’s a lot of players that are really close together talent wise from 18 to 48.

1 Like

Hendon Hooker hunts harry hippy heifer humps

Like, yeah it makes sense if you feel you’re drafting Peyton Manning or Drew Brees. I mean good lord, doesn’t CB make sense if you feel like you’re getting Deion Sanders or Darrelle Revis?
Again, we drafted how many QB’s until we got a decent one in Stafford?
What do you think the chances are of getting another good QB, one better than Goff?..and I’m not even talking about winning a Superbowl, I’d be happy with just winning a playoff game…I’d be happy paying Goff 31 or 35 million AAV just to win a playoff game.
I feel like giving-up on Goff because he didn’t win a Superbowl is like giving-up on Caldwell or any other decent Head Coach in hopes of getting a better one that can take us over the top…

Rolling National Football League GIF by Detroit Lions

I’m constantly amazed at the fans who use this as their new standard as a reason to dump Goff…I’ll jump in elation for just a division title. Hell when we beat the Pack week 18 I felt like the prettiest girl at prom

1 Like

What the ■■■■ are these leaps you are making? Do you know how to listen? I wouldn’t take a ■■■■■■■ quarterback…I’ve said it too many times to count. I’m not replacing Goff with the guys possible in this draft.

I’m ■■■■■■■ done with this board. Some of you actively search out confrontation and I’m sick of it.

1 Like

Easy amigo. Take a breath. You’re a good poster and I like you. But in my eyes the only one being actually confrontational on this thread is you.

It’s a gorgeous day out - At least here it it. And we’re all Lions family. No need for anger

Yeah, it’s funny because if Jared has the Rams defense of 2022 in the 2019 Superbowl and a healthy Cooper Kupp like the Rams had in the 2022 Superbowl and playoffs, Goff would probably be a Superbowl winning QB…then they’d have to come-up with some other excuse.
Tnutzz, spin that wheel…

The Price Is Right Spin GIF by As The Bunny Hops

1 Like

Pretty much this.

But a few players I have my eye on at 18.

Banks, CB Maryland. We’ve done alot of work on CB, I know, but we still don’t have a true outside speed corner. We have alot of combo outside/slot type people. Here’s our speed corner that can lockdown one side for 4-5 years.

Johnston, WR. I don’t know why this guy is falling. 6’3" burner that makes acrobatic plays. Having him and Jamo stretch the field opens up ALOT.

Branch, box safety. Would pair well with Aaron’s dad.

Kancey DT. WOuld rather have him in round 2, but he won’t last.

1 Like

Also….Hairy Hippos happily halt humming for Hendon Hooker

If you want to criticize other peoples opinions but can’t handle when others question yours, this probably isn’t the place for you. You gotta have some thick skin if you want to question everyone else but don’t want to be questioned yourself.

Come back when you put your big boy pants on and we can talk some football and exchange ideas.

There were people saying just that before his acl tear. Not saying he should but it’s not nuts for it to be suggested.

Yeah I mean that’s a pretty terrible reason to get rid of Goff. If you believe there’s a QB that you can acquire that can surpass Goff though? Different story, but a much more difficult task to accomplish.

1 Like