What QB would you want the Lions to go with in this draft?

Forgot him

I’m super curious to see how the QB pro-days/combimes go…hopefully the team get’s a good idea/handle on Lance especially…not playing this season really sucked. If he has crappy workouts, and if Wilson and Fields are gone, idk if they should take a QB, and just wait for their inevitable top 3 pick in 2022 and grab one there.

Who are the top prospects for 2022 draft?

I think Rattler might be up there…maybe Penix Jr from Indiana if he balls out next year.

No more penis names on this team is allowed.

3 Likes

I think he’s going to have a good year if he doesn’t get hurt again. That’s 2 years in a row he’s been out extended periods of time.

Wilson too

Seriously look at how few big 10 QB’s actually make it in the NFL and how few are actually drafted high.

The level of competition in the big has a tendency to not attract many good QB’s. The most physically gifted QB’s rarely choose to go to a big ten school.

It’s wise to shy away. Your lucky to find one starter in 20 years out of the big.

Brees was the last quality QB to be drafted from the big ten and he came out in 2001.

Unless you want to count Cousins whom I’m not a fan of.

Think of it this way. Brees was drafted 20 years ago in round two.

Cousins was 9 years ago and he was round 4.

Brady was 21 years ago and he was round 6.

If you want to draft a QB from the Big ten then don’t do it round one because big ten QB’s are a long shot option. Most don’t make it like Haskins.

1 Like

As long as they play with that Big D-troit Lions energy, I’ll take a whole roster of Richards and Johnsons…already have a big Hock.

1 Like

Slough, Howell, Rattler and Slovis

If it makes you feel any better, Fields committed to Georgia first.

Does it really? Big ten offenses were late to modernize. Most of the prolific offenses were run based until very recently.

I just think conference is a pretty week argument against a guy. Especially when he did it against Clemson. Nobody has played quite like that against Clemson since they went on their run. He was off the charts good that game. So he has it in him. Can he find the consistency? Not sure but I’d be excited to have the opportunity to find out.

Tyler Shough? Really? I mean I like him more that most do in town here (everybody I’ve talked to in town wants to roll with Ty Thompson). Personally I think that’s premature. That said. As a prospect Shough isn’t even in the same stratosphere as Justin Fields.

Mitchell Trubisky i liked a posters idea why not 2 year deal cheap an build up team would be a show us deal…use picks to build team depends on what we get for Matt …many ideas but i don’t care for the 2 we have

1 Like

Lawrence.
if we have to take a back THIS offseason.

Wow, that perfectly echos my experience trying to scout Fields. I feel like I’m told and expect one thing, but then I see something different. In particular I see the growth and ability to execute tight window throws under pressure.

2 Likes

And keep in mind that Trent runs a ton of HS seven on seven stuff. Or has at least. He sees a ton of young QBs. This isn’t some retired QB that’s now an amateur golfer.

This would be the best way to lose the fans, lose the locker room and end your career year 1.

Tanking doesn’t work in a team game. I have little faith that the Jags will be good with Lawrence and the new guard. Urban has no advantage in a league where all teams get to pay their players.

I am anti Wilson. 2,800 yards with 12 tds and 9 picks, a 62% completion percentage and weak ypa in the WAC scares me. The fact that he bounced o. Boise State after Detmer got canned and took his 4 star nephew with him is said. Why would Wilson job Boise in the 11th hour for a team that didn’t even recruit him? He comes from money, and his personality reminds me of a blend of Manziel and Mayfield. I’m good.

I like Jones in 2… maybe Lance in 2. Neither in mid 1. I’m not sure at a how I feel about Fields…

I think we get a 1 and 3 for Stafford.

If we aren’t taking a QB, then I’m taking Parsons or trading back.

I’d love Parsons and Barmore (Stafford pick Indy?) I’m 1…

I’m going Chris Olave in round 2

Paulson adebo at CB and best OG in 3

I’m signing Allen Robinson or Golladay and signing a safety and Okwara.

Then I’m signing Fitz at QB

1 Like

I hear “another Haskins” a lot, because of the Ohio State thing. And Haskins put up ridiculous stats there - 50 TD passes in a college season?

But when I watch Fields play, he is no Haskins. He is so much more athletic and skilled. And there’s nuance to his passing game, where it seemed like Haskins just threw it as far as he could a lot of the time and his elite deep-ball WRs just kept going and getting them.

So I have a few questions for you. Anyone else can feel free to chime in.

You were a much better athlete than I and played at a higher level so I’m posing it to you. I remarked in the Championship game thread, “well, it looks like the Buckeyes brought a knife to a gun fight.” And I still think that’s an accurate assessment.

Have you ever been in one of those games? Did you guys get flustered? Was the feeling of inevitable defeat in of itself getting to you and the team?

I’m not really trying to make excuses for Fields. They needed him to play like he did against Clemson and he didn’t. Didn’t play well at all in fact. I was just curious of what happens when (sticking to our Fargo theme) you know you’re about to be dropped in the woodchipper.