What QB would you want the Lions to go with in this draft?

Between Zach Wilson, Trey Lance, or Justin Fields, who’s your guy and why?

I gotta pick Wilson of those three…Lance is interesting but needs seasoning.

1 Like

Maybe we get lucky a Urban goes for fields and we can get a chance at Lawrence.

Zach Wilson maybe…Absolutely no to Fields!

2 Likes

Lawrence is pie in the sky, so Zach Wilson. After Wilson the risk goes up substantially in my opinion

Lol, do you guys need to know who I want?

Can we trade him for Watson straight up?

1 Like

LANCE

1 Like

In this mock draft both Lawrence and Wilson were gone. In the case that we get #12 and #15 for Stafford, we might be able to land Micah Parsons and Rashod Bateman too. How do you guys feel about this mock draft?

1 Like

Doubtful. Watson is much younger

Fields and Parsons are my 1 and 2 in this draft and them there’s a clear drop-off. Both of them is a haul I dream and pray for.

Not Fields. Name the last good nfl qb to come out of the Meyer/Day system. It makes qbs look so good, and then they cannot hack it in the nfl.

Secondly, the talent differential between OSU and 95 percent of the teams they play is enormous. It’s easy to hit guys when the receiver are two steps away from the closest defender.

Plus, he doesn’t strike me as a ‘bite the kneecaps’ guy. I mean, he lost the starting job at Georgia to the returning starter (Fromm), then whined and transferred.

Maybe I’m wrong, but just ugh. No.

1 Like

With gaps to indicate my degree of preference:

Fields

Wilson
Lance
Jones

Day has produced 1 QB ever who got to the league and had EXTREME character problems. Don’t say he has a track record.

He may not have that intensity, but he is a leader. That point cannot be argued.

I did not say Day had a track record of qbs with bad attitudes or anything.

I meant that very few good nfl qbs come out of the Meyer/Day system. I can’t think of any, I am happy to be corrected if wrong.

Can you provide examples of leadership? I would be happy to learn about that, you probably know more than I do about him.

Meyer sure, I get. Day runs a different system than he did, that’s why he was brought in. The west coast spread was a different look for OSU, and he’s only been there for J.T. for a year (who was NOT talented) and Haskins.

Go look at all the stuff he did when he tried to get the B1G season started again. If you need more, let me know.

Sounds good… I’ll take a look!

ANYONE but Fields

2 Likes

I like Fields. Wilson intrigues me. Idk enough about Lance. Not a fan of Trask. Mac if not in first round is an ok option IMO.

Wilson out of the three. The Bama QB if they drop back a couple times in the first.

If they are taking one this year.