What’s the early gut feeling for Washington?

just a hunch we get humiliated. sorry, but i just don’t have a good feeling. commanders 31-10.

3 Likes

All you Debbie Donwers should sit this one out. We’re gonna kick some @ss.

3 Likes

My wife asked, “they’re not the Redskims anymore right?”

I said, “no, they are the Commanders now”

She said, “can’t they just call themselves the Skins?”

I asked, “what is a Skin?”

2 Likes

It’s what 11 year old chubby CuriousHusker hoped his basketball coach wouldn’t point to him and say.

5 Likes

Considering they had the cheerleaders suing the team for misconduct… I would guess “Foreskins” wasn’t an option.
Logo would have challenging too…. :smirk:

2 Likes

And their defense is rated dead last for yards they give up. If Lions run the ball 40 times we win. 20 for Swift, 10 each for Jamal and Reynolds. Yes, I want me some Craig Reynolds carries too! Their WRs are fast but Wentz can be forced into mistakes with zone blitzes.

3 Likes

We need to chuck it down the field early. Max protect if need be. Dial up 1 or 2 Baby Charks Soften them up and then kill them with second level passes. That’s the one thing that still leaves me with hope. They by all reports struggle with the short passing game. We have skill guys that specialize in that and the pass protection demands are lower.

Our defense plays better than last week and we still win this game IMO. But our edges have to be better than last week. Good OL but still. For this defense to he above average Hutch and Harris have to be both be plus. They weren’t.

2 Likes

I havent seen an olineman play with a club - is that a thing? They need to engage with their hands and hold. Dont think they could do that in a cast.

Well our greatest strength is OL and Ragnow is out, Vaitai is on IR, Jackson is doubtful. I dont see either our running game or passing game to be effective because of the injuries on OL, Goff is average at best, receivers might have drops again. Washington threw for over 300 yards and 4tds week 1. We can’t count on our defense to stop them. I expect a similar outcome as last week. Lions down double digits for most the game but then Washington takes foot off gas and Lions come back in garbage time for close final score.

1 Like

Cuz other people say stupid shit?

Lions 27
WTF 24

27-23 Lions!

Should we do a weekly thread asking for everyone’s picks on the upcoming game?

Two options, before the first game and current team status.

Win, win
Win, lose
Lose, lose
Lose, win

Type poll.

As I posted earlier, this is a flipped game for me with the Oline injuries. I thought before game 1 they’d win this one, now I think they lose.

I just feel with the oline beat up, Washington will win in a close game. Hope I’M wrong

1 Like

If Campbell can resist all his urges to do the stupid stuff that pip into his head … we win

1 Like

Washington is tough. If the rush can make life hell for Wentz will be an easy win. If not, expect a close loss

1 Like

Who is blocking in this scenario?

1 Like

Gonna be one of those movies we’ve seen before…D cant get off the field on 3rd down, Wentz goes off for a career day, offense has flashes, but ultimately steps on their own dicks, a couple obligatory bad/highly questionable ref calls/non-calls, a couple coaching blunders, 34-16 loss, but it doesnt matter because “it’s only the 2nd year of the reeeeebuild!”…:+1:t2:

My gut tells me that our weaknesses on both sides of the interior lines will be our undoing. I have a deep respect for Ron Rivera’s coaching acumen and I believe he will have the gameplan to exploit the Lions weaknesses while our staff has been struggling to get people to stop dropping like flies.

Q1 Washington 7 Detroit 0
Q2 Washington 17 Detroit 3
Q3 Washington 24 Detroit 6
Final Washington 31 Detroit 21

I think this game will bring more scrutiny than perhaps what’s due. These guys have to quit going on IR. My biggest hope for today is the team avoids protection issues that are inherent with backups playing coupled with the guys left getting pulled out of position trying to help. They have to keep Goff from getting knocked around if they want to have a chance, and the team needs to avoid further injuries to keep this season from going down the rabbit hole.

1 Like

Need another example? :sunglasses: :sunglasses: :sunglasses:

1 Like