What the actual f uck

Place holder for now. Gotta have “ A” kicker on the roster. Keep one for now. Keep an eye out to upgrade. Cut him loose when you do.

2 Likes

Also worth noting.
Lions ONLY have 3 out door games next year
At GB
at CHI
At SF

1 Like

Last year we had Badgley, Patterson and Romo competing in camp. I expect a similar competition this year.

2 Likes

Im guessing VET minimum no guaranteed money like last season.

Aka. $1.055M

Remember he has been very good indoors at Ford Field. I think they know his limits an like his game at home. He will have competition an they will move on if they find better. He has been very steady at home. that’s 8 games plus playoffs. he did make 50 plus in playoffs inside.

He had $350K guaranteed last year, which included a $152,500 signing bonus. To qualify for vet min treatment, the maximum signing bonus this year is $167,500. I bet he got at least that, maybe not any gauranteed base like he did last year.

As some have already pointed out, hopefully this is close to vet minimum. I’m ok with him as an insurance policy and to have a kicker battle during preseason.

1 Like

The Super Bowl is in New Orleans, so this checks out. And it just dawned on me how frickin awesome it would be for Dan, AG, Alex and the gang to go win a Super Bowl in the home of the Saints.

5 Likes

Fire Holmes now…

Mad The Rock GIF

Ps… this also means nothing in February

2 Likes

That’s a good reason to resign Bagley.

1 Like

Funny. I had just moved him to my priority list yesterday. He sets the floor for our Kicker situation next year. (nestled between Will Harris and Jerry Jacobs)

Naw if we had a good kicker. Were going to the SB

You think? I think if we had CB’s and another DE with a motor we win the Super Bowl.

I do think. We couldn’t score in the 2nd half, it was a whole team of chokes.

We don’t need a good kickers because we are gonna win the Super Bowl by a landslide…

I told you guys…

First thought was shocking. But immediately I trust the Villian and his thoughts. Competition will be added.

1 Like

Jake Gyllenhaal Reaction GIF

2 Likes

WOW I didn’t know that. Our O is gonna put up crazy numbers.

Badgley’s contract does have $167,500 signing bonus along with $257,500 of his base salary guaranteed and does qualify for vet min treatment. He’s owed $1,292,500 but only counts $1,152,500 against the cap.

2 Likes

Proposal: Since field goals are an absolute last resort for Dan Campbell, how about the team saves a roster spot and platoons six kickers on the practice squad? One of them is elevated every week, kicks six or seven XPs, and after their three elevations we shake their hand and tell them to save the date for the Super Bowl ring ceremony.

1 Like