What to make of the Lions silence in free agency?

Love you too, bro. You will develop a tolerance to it as it reveals itself to be truth. It’s an adjustment like everything else.

These cats are gonna win here, man!

2 Likes

Didn’t Mayhew take a 0-16 team to the playoffs in year 3 ?
If he doesn’t have this team winning and looking like they progressed after year 2 then he most likely never will.

So who are these players? Seriously, name a few… You said it yourself, guys don’t want to sign with a historically awful organization and losing team. How do we get these players then? We pay them much more money on a longer term than they could find anywhere else. Historically, that’s been about the only way we’ve signed FA talent. Are you willing to do that this early in a rebuild? This doesn’t just apply to tier 1 players. Almost every FA is looking for big money and long term. The tie doesn’t go to the runner (Lions).

I think the hope many of us had with this staff is their connections and history as players swaying guys to come here on reasonable deals. I’m not giving up hope on that front yet.

As a Lion’s fan we are used to losing and sucking. We want to do it one more time and end up with the second worse record next year to get our franchise QB on a rookie deal. We will have rookies from last year and this year that are ready along with a great OL. maybe without a guard getting paid like a tackle.

Bigger dream is Rams having a worse record than us.

2 Likes

I think they are being prudent rather than myopic, so far.

1 Like

Why you going to buy it an fire them all? Its been one year breath

1 Like

That positive thing you were trying lasted long.

Clearly you don’t follow hockey or the wings that closely.

all of this…

Keep going…

Relax…you just don’t like that he can dish it. We are all obnoxious at times…yourself included. He is right. The problem with your logic regarding outside talent is this isn’t the year to throw money around. Aside from Williams there is not really anyone worthy of the huge contracts. Still a rebuild fellas. This is what I was talking about earlier today…people acting like we are a player or two away from serious contention so lets throw money at that one or two guys…the contracts we have seen thus far have shown that the top guys remaining are going to want banana numbers. Holmes has done a great job thus far with the deals in place. Reynolds deal looks like a steal at this point…people need to relax.

2 Likes

careful, you might get tomatoes thrown at you by someone. :innocent: :joy:

1 Like

I watch a ton of hockey. Yeah its hard to be positive when your team sucks and has zero money to get better.

it’s going to get better, just be patient…just 8 hours ago you were talking about trying to be positive. MCDC will win here.

2 Likes

W o r d

1 Like

Run Silent, Run Deep…

After 3 years, if we aren’t playoff bound, yep, fire them all.

They had last season, they have this season, they have next season.

That will be 3 free agency periods and 3 drafts. If they can turn this thing around in 3 years they never will.

So like I said. They can slow roll this thing at their own peril.

1 Like

That’s what they said about Patricia, we are a 3 win team atm. Saying they will win here is premature. Keep your Kool aid glass full but don’t keep repeating the same thing we hear with every new hire.

1 Like

Sigh, I know this, I said we were a 3 win team yesterday. MCDC will win here. It’s not slappy kool aid bullshit, it’s confidence. I never said MP would win here.

That’s exactly what it is ! and nobody here admits to there love for Patricia but it was just like this. He could do no wrong for the first 2 years. And this whole place was on that band wagon except about 4-5 posters. And we took a beating from The Kool aid guys.
Kool Aid 90S GIF

Out of curiosity - let’s say they go 3-14, 6-11, 9-8 (miss the playoffs) over the next 3 years.

Do you still fire them, or does it depend on the outlook?

I think i lean towards keeping them if they continue to improve and the team keeps getting stronger. :thinking:

Curious if others agree or you still fire them all.

C’mon there is a big difference between fat slob rapist and MCDC. MP was doomed the moment that article came out in him. I think you mistake people’s hope that things could improve bc the alternative was another 2-3 years of wasted years. So they knew things were off, I sure as hell did, but I’m sorry but I’m not gonna sit here and bitch about it here or in life……I literally have no control over what the lions….so hope for the best.

MCDC will win here. Dude is a leader, he treats people as men and with respect. People want to coach for him and play for him. He adapts really well. He brings in talent in the coaching ranks that has been momentous thus far. We have assistants get interviews for bigger positions elsewhere. Ex coaches leave and speak highly of him. Dude has IT.

1 Like

Well I do hope your right ,. But that’s alot of Kool aid.

1 Like

tired monday morning GIF by WWF_UK
All We need…is just a little Patience :notes: