What's everyone's go to pizza

Yep, and I have lived in NYC and Chicago. And the outdoor seating is pretty cool.

1 Like

Its on Wikipedia. Go figure. I got it wrong where the split happened. One side of the split went Buddy’s. The other side was Cloverleaf, not Green Lantern…

Originally Buddy’s Rendezvous… “The restaurant later was renamed Buddy’s Pizza. In 1953, the Guerras sold it and opened the Cloverleaf in Eastpointe, Michigan.” That is still there. But the Guerra’s were the originators. Cloverleaf, not Buddy’s, went with them.

I suppose the provenance is such that both can claim it fairly. I still haven’t been to Cloverleaf, but now I have to go there and settle this forever (for myself).

1 Like

Bro, this is a pizza thread. If you want to start a thread on tomato-cheese casserole, go to the Bears forum.

:rofl:

If I have a “go-to” pizza, it’s a Hungy Howie’s deep dish pepperoni pizza with extra sauce. Lots of flavor for my taste. It’s a glistening bomb of calories, fat, constipation and heartburn, but they’re delicious. Gotta take a prilosec just thinking about it.

3 Likes

Holy cow bro, that’s amazing.

1 Like

Mancinos in Alpena.
Long Lake Bar in South Branch/Hale
McGregor’s in Prescott
Jets in Detroit suburbs

Buddy’s pizza is trash. Fight me.

Taco Cabana Kicks Ass!

Fricanos is good for Saint Louis style. The place at St. Jo beach is better for same.

Giordano’s, Lou Malnatis, Pizza Uno, in that order for chain Chicago style.

New York style pizza is trash squared.

Grand Rapids- Vitale’s still #1 JTs, Licari’s Sicilian. Uccello’s, Vitals’s Monelli’s and Peppinos for ,Italian Big Screen Sports Bar chains. Mineos for hole in the wall. Mitten for brewpub.

There is no good local pizza in Kalamazoo…mayyyybe Mr. Tony’s…

2 Likes

This man has strong feelings about his pizza. I love it. :sunglasses:

2 Likes

Wease,
How do you know so much about Grand Rapids pizza?

I’ve never even heard of the Mitten until 3 months ago and I live here. They have some crazy pizza combinations, I hear they’re good.

1 Like

I’ve had Uccello’s and wasn’t all that impressed.

Ok pie but nothing spectacular. I stayed at the hotel across the street from it and the clerk insisted I had to try it.

I forgot to mention John’s Pizzeria in Davison as my go-to. In fact, because their salads and dressing are so good, that is my go-to. Ham and onion so you don’t have the pepperoni grease pooling in top, makes it easier to digest without said Prilosec.

Truth is, though, I probably eat pizza only about 4 or 5 times a year.

3 Likes

Been to Uccellos twice. Pizza is pretty good. My wife and I love their pizza puffers

2 Likes

Chain: Papa Murphy Take-N-Bake

Riverside Bar in Iron River Crispy thin crust, tasty sauce, excellent cheese and toppings.

I’ve never tried Papa Murphy’s, we just don’t think of it to be honest…but I’ve always wanted to try it.

Any body watch barstools my bite? Dave is funny guy.

I lived in Chicago for 15 years, the locals aren’t going to Giordanno’s much unless they get dragged there by out of towners. Chicago pizza is meh, but I did always enjoy Pequod’s

1 Like

Yeah, Uccello’s is for the sports bar experience, not the pizza. You been to to the original, but the newer joints in Cowedonia, Walker and Grandville are a great experience.

Mitten is old.school now, like 8 years at least…people love Harmony Brewing pizza but me? Meh. Still tough to slight Brewery Vivant, Founders, Knickerbocker as big brewpub experiences. So many places in GR Now though.

Yeah, locals have their spots that are better for sure.

Cant believe nobody has brought up pizza popalis in greek town. The spinach deep dish is hard to beat.

2 Likes

The freezer.