What's your confidence level for Thursday?

^^^^ Confidence level after a 3 game winning streak. ^^^^

Let’s make it 4!

Wah Wah Wee Wah!

1 Like

The bills have talent, but they’re looking beatable right now. This feels a lot like the end of last year, when the team finally started to sort things out. But we have more talent this time. We need Hutch, McNeil, and Cujo to ball out and create some turnovers, but I feel much better about this than I should at this point. Go lions!

2 Likes

I think we can chalk this game up as a blow out loss. Calling it here and now:

Buffalo:45
Detroit: 7

My thoughts for Thursday:

the only way to beat them season 5 GIF by Gotham

2 Likes

Not having Jonah Jackson & Jeff Okudah is huge.

2 Likes

Aside from the New England game on the road, the Lions have been in every single game, even against their toughest opponents. I don’t see a blowout–just a loss.

1 Like

Lose a close game or a blowout, it’s a L either way.
This game is one that will help us for the next decade. Most of our starters have 1-2 years experience. The recent talk of playoffs is great for them to hear, especially after the 1-5 start to the year. I believe these youngsters will be pumped and ready.
Now going up against a real SB contender with a good/great defense who have been on the National stage for a few years now as well as in the AFC championship just LY will be too much to overcome at this time.
The experience for Hutch, McNeil, Joseph, Rodrego, Sewell, ARSB even the injured starters will be apart of their DNA moving forward. Big games for young starters cannot be replicated on the practice field nor learned about in coach speak, it’s something you need to live through. This is a great growth game for the rebuild. We are actually playing for something, the Bills are playing for something, and it’s happening on the National stage.
After this game, the Lions will know and feel what it takes to make the next step in their progression. I’m hoping for a miracle, but my expectations aren’t there yet. Just knowing what this environment this will do for our teams growth moving forward is good enough for now.
After the draft and getting @BigNatty stud DT, having JaMo for the year and adding 4-5 more quality plus players, I see 2023 as the year we are in the race for SB runs moving forward.
Sorry for the dose of reality, but this game is a great game for us to be playing in, the 3 game win streak has brought it into a building block for future success. So, a loss is not the end of the season, we will grow, get a bit of rest and most likely finish the year with 8-9 wins. A season of growth towards the goal.

4 Likes

Regarding the idea that the Lions will win 8-9 games, An homage to War Games:

1 Like

I expected a loss from the time the game was announced, now, with injuries to Okudah and the top four OG on the line, more so.

Yet, I think the crowd will be crazy, Allen does give the ball away at times and surprisingly the Bills aren’t a great RZ team while the Lions are top 6 iirc.

Plan on kicking back and just enjoying another step forward like we have seen in every game this season.

3 Likes

How is my confidence level? Dwindling. Down to 3rd string OGs and we don’t have out best cover corner . Just gotta hope we catch the Bills flat on their feet.

My confidence level is way too high, and probably masked by their previous performance.
I’ve still been able to get a little reality knocked back in my head from time to time over the last few days… but man am I pumped.

Reality score: Bills 34 - Lions 17

Confidence score: Lions 34 - Bills 31

1 Like

I think the Bills put up at least 35 on us, most likely 40. They will NOT make this a TOP game and try to run all day. They will attack the secondary and make this a passing game. Opposite of what the Giants tried.

Allen >>>>>>>>> Jones in passing

Bills 42
Lions 24

2 Likes

Okudah is out so Diggs is gonna go off. We are missing several of our IOL against a solid DL for Buffalo which means Goff will be under pressure all day and we know how he handles that. I am anticipating several turnovers from him. Buffalo has not played particularly well their last few games. There is no way they want to be part of a lions win streak. Look for them to come out hot taking big shots down field against Kerby and the misfits. The ONLY way I see this not being a blow out is if we slow the game down and dominate time of possession. Just don’t see that happening

2 Likes

I’m getting a feeling about this one. I think we win.

Lots of truth in here.
Ever since the roster/FO blowup, I’ve been looking more for growth than anything , so to me it does matter how they lose (lots of growth in your players vs just getting bombed by 60).

…just…like…that

And yes, that nasty ol’ DT changes EVERYTHING, if we can get the right guy…and so does a healthy J-moss

3 Likes

Same. If Jackson and okudah were playing I’d be more confident.

1 Like

The Lions strategy might be similar to what the Titans did to Aaron Rodgers and Green Bay on Thursday night, i.e. to burn as much clock as possible by running the ball and short passes, keep the Bills offense off the field as much as possible, and hope to create a turnover or two. Indeed, in the three games before the Browns game, teams ran all over the Bills–more than 175 yards in each game.

Yes, don’t want to see another Tennessee Titans 47 Detroit Lions 10 Thanksgiving Day game with the other team running the ball at will for almost 300 yards & 4 TDs.

1 Like

Here are our picks for Week 12. For the second straight week, we disagree on three games.

Bills (-9.5) at Lions

MDS’s take: The annual Detroit Thanksgiving bloodbath may not be quite as ugly for the home team this year, as the Lions are riding a three-game winning streak. But it’s awfully tough to imagine them beating the Bills.

MDS’s pick: Bills 20, Lions 13.

Florio’s take: The Lions will try to feast on kneecaps before turkey. If it was anyone but the Bills, that three-game winning streak would have a great chance of extending to four.

Florio’s pick: Bills 27, Lions 20.