Where does Anthony Richardson get drafted?

Cool to hear but you don’t win the slam dunk contest with a 360 or a windmill but nobody doubts AR’s physical tools, it’s more his passing precision that is the big question mark and all the subtitles to being a great passer.

With his physical ability he could be the next Steph Curry.

Or Aaron Curry.

1 Like

Or chicken curry?

2 Likes

AR15 goes to 5 and before Will Levis.

2 Likes

@REMRebound

Not calling you out specifically for this thread

I just wanted to point out this thread was started in March '22 - and had 436 responses.

AR15 hype seems eerily familiar…

By the combine he wasn’t in consideration. It’s combine. AR15’s hype is only getting stronger. You don’t have to worry about AR15 to Detroit bc he will be gone before, unless they trade :crazy_face:

1 Like

AR15 before our pick eh? That’s quite a prediction. We’ll see. I’d take Hooker over Richardson all day long. Sam Howell too.

1 Like

Consistency can be fixed but sometimes it isn’t easy to do. There’s a reason a lot of NFL prospects who have consistency problems fail.

He’s a polarizing because some see the potential and think. Wow his issues are easy to fix and then we have a stud.

Some see a guy who will likely never put it together because so many talented guys like him fail.

Others are like me and @CuriousHusker We see the upside but realize he’s a serious boom or bust level player.

It really comes down to which level of the scale you see him on from Boom to Bust.

Truth is the odds are he’s more likely to Bust than Boom.

For me the question comes down to at which point I’d be willing to take that risk.

Let’s be honest though. He’s a risky pick. He’s like dropping your savings in roulette on 15 and spinning the wheel.

How much are you willing to bet?

And he missed …. lol

:joy: :man_facepalming:

That would be Carter I think.

Right. Jalen went full on hold my beer.

1 Like

I am guessing Kansas City - Not sure by what team though :rofl:

2 Likes

I make jokes but that is not how I view him. I just ask “why?” The AR fans are literaly talking about using a 1st round pick on the guy. And with us that means 6 or 18. That’s high AF for a developmental guy who has never put it together in college. It doesn’t mean he will never put it together. But it doesn’t jive with using such a high pick on the guy. I can’t picture a world where AR ends up a better QB than King Caleb Williams. So why go all in now?

I just call it like I see it, Air.

Cy just posted that old thread about Willis. In it, I’m sure I’m somewhere in there arguing against drafting him because I wasn’t comfortable with that level of boom bust.

Trey Lance I flirted with but wasn’t comfortable with either one year starting in the Dakotas and I didn’t see enough special. The 49ers pick blew me away choosing him over Fields. And I was very much wanting Fields that draft (glad we got Sewell though Holmes is a smart dude).

I see it differently with Richardson. Way differently. To me, this is EXACTLY the type of player you take a chance on. Physically he might be the greatest QB prospect I’ve ever arm chair scouted. And I know physical does not make one a great passer but man some of these guys I read act like he is Terrelle Pryor. Its just so far off the mark to me having watched this guy. I think he is going to be a really good passer. I see a similarity to his touch that I saw with Stafford, good and bad, so much arm strength, but with an excellent ability to stand tall in the pocket, evade the rush, and be a complete threat running.

But yes, hard to argue its not boom bust. The key is the number of reps he’s gotten. Anytime you are dealing with so few reps, it can be dicey. Which, again, is why I do believe, or at least it wouldn’t surprise me in the least, if the Lions took a few extra games in to evaluate him.

1 Like

That’s my point. It’s all on where you see him on the scale of Boom to Bust.

Thing is that it really doesn’t matter where anyone sees him. He’s a huge gamble that could pay off big or fail miserably. None of us know where he will be. Not even the scouts and teams.

It really comes down to how much are you willing to risk on the gamble.

I look at players like Mahomes and I realize he landed in the perfect situation for him to blossom. If he had ended up in Chicago where they struggled to develop QB’s he may have ended up much differently.

Allen and Mahomes give us all hope for a guy like AR15 but it’s a situation where it all must come together for a talent like that to succeed.

If the Lions make that pick it changes the dynamic’s of the team.

I dont know if I would take that gamble.

I can respect everything you just said, even agree with some of it.

I see it differently and fall on the other side of the question, obviously.

I actually think he is the perfect risk for the Lions.

Now if I were a betting man, I am not betting on Richardson to the Lions to be clear.

I’m just some dude being opinionated on a message board:)

1 Like

This is what you want people to believe? You might be surprised at yourself.

I am just locking this in. Anything less than Patrick Mahomes will bring questions.

Let’s enjoy the results.

Patrick Plotting GIF by SpongeBob SquarePants

Well, lions passed on Sam Howell….so clearly they wouldn’t want him.

Number 2 best fit according to Zierlein. Makes sense. We have some runway with Goff to develop him if we don’t want to commit to Goff long term.

I know you’re not calling me out, but FTR, I would like to point out that I was not advocating drafting Willis in that thread. I was noting a trend I’d seen on Twitter, and asking what the board thought of it (and, literally, what I should think of it), because I had no idea about the guy.

I do, however, see differences with Richardson. The biggest is that I HAVE heard of Richardson, at least since summer of last year, when he went into the season as the starter for a major SEC program and was on every draft gurus’ list as a QB to watch, somebody with elite tools who, if he improved, could end up being a top NFL prospect.

He didn’t live up to his upside, albeit showing elite athleticism, so I get why there’s debate about where he’ll end up. But again, he’s not Malik Willis. He could slide on draft day, but he’s been in the first round conversation all year (really, since he was a HS recruit). He is not a guy who got overlooked by every major CFB program, went to Liberty, and surprised people by being ridiculously more athletic than the competition.

I think part of the Willis hype was that he was hard to evaluate given the competition. But mostly IMO, it was just a really weak QB class, and there weren’t many prospects to talk about. He filled a media void in a year with way fewer QBs than teams looking for one. Obviously, actual GMs never saw him as a real 1st round pick. In Richardson’s case, I suspect every team looking for their QB of the future is giving him a serious evaluation.

2 Likes